“Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #10 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had a great experience overall. The staff was exceptional except for one person night staff, not very friendly. I had a nice stay I will definitely return when I make a trip again to San Diego. The hotel in no very far from Sea World or Sep Port Village. I did no realize how close we were from La Jolla which next time I will make it a point to visit La Jolla beach. My children enjoyed the stay and it is not easy to make teenagers happy at times!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am more than pleased to see that you found almost our entire staff exceptional. I'm even more pleased to see that the stay was enjoyable for the entire family. We can't wait to see you again on your next trip to San Diego. Until then, should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for one night. Nice atmosphere. The room was very clean. The Inn is close to the grocery stores and restaurants. It is on the hill, away from the highway, very quiet during the night. The place is not far from San Diego downtown and this would be a good choice for your trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SuperLazyCat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review this most recent stay with us. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the private and quiet atmosphere we provide our guests. I sincerely hope that you will continue to stay with us when you return to the San Diego area. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I received outstanding customer service from the moment I checked in and throughout my stay. I would definately recommend this hotel. Alfred, the front desk clerk went out of his way to make my stay excellent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Carol1779,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I can not thank you enough for your kind words regarding our customer service, and a special thank you for mentioning a member of our staff by name. I'm very pleased to see that you would recommend us. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us personally.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is in a quiet area, room was clean and staff was friendly. Reasonable driving distance to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Front desk kindly called me when our room was ready since we had arrived in town early that day. Best shower of my vacation - great water pressure and shower head adjustment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dawn970,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review your stay with us. I'm extremely happy to see that you found our rooms clean and shower delightful. Thank you for the kind words towards our front office staff as well, it truly is appreciated. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a two day business meeting at the HGI. The conference room was perfect for our needs and the Carmel Valley location was a good choice for our local office. The staff worked with us personally and pulled our needs and budget together flawlessly. The seating arrangements were properly set up when we arrived, the food was fantastic and the staff was helpful and delightful. We could not have asked for more!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gina P,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your conference, it truly was a pleasure assisting you from start to finish. I'm so glad to see that your meeting was successful and that we were able to make the process as easy as possible. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact any of us here.

Homewood Suites San Diego Del Mar

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk, restaurant and deli were all friendly and helpful. We were only in for one night but we were very impressed. We also utilized the spa (serenity salon and spa) for last minute massages. The prices were very reasonable. I'm not sure if the spa is independently owned and operated but it is located in the same building and was very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Peter D,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to create a TripAdvisor account and for making us your first five star review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our Serenity Salon and Spa, and that you found our staff, restaurant, and deli, friendly and helpful. I hope that you will continue to stay with us with your future trips to the San Diego area, and should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Clean hotel and the room was clean which is always a plus for any hotel. I do like all the options the hotel offers such as a Spa and Bar. The pool is small and I was hoping it would be a bit larger. I was in the area to attend a San Diego Padre game and for the price it was not bad.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Javier B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a review about our property. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the options of our spa and bar. I hope you enjoyed the Padre's game and that you will come back soon. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.