“Weekend stay”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #11 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We very disappointed with this hotel. Instead of getting the 2 queen beds for myself and kids, we got one king and a flat air mattress. When I complained after the first night about the leaky air mattress, instead of getting a new one, they just filed it up with more air.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Jim B,

First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to review your stay, while we wish it were under better circumstances, we appreciate the feedback. I apologize that we did not have a room with two beds available at the time of booking or check-in. We strive to accommodate each guest and each request to the best of our ability and apologize for having fallen short of expectations. I assure you this is not a common occurrence, but will do our best to ensure something of this nature does not happen again. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice basic room, clean, and comfortable beds, friendly staff. Didn't have the pack N play that I requested on the notes at check in, but by the time I reached the room they had already placed it in the room. It looked brand new. We went to Sea World, it was a little farther away than I was hoping, but not too far (about 15 minutes)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Crystal S.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so happy to see that we were able to provide a clean, comfortable, and friendly experience. I'm sorry to see that we did not have the pack n play ready for you at arrival, but am pleased to see that we were able to rectify that before your reached your room. I sincerely hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future when visiting the San Diego area. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had originally scheduled this trip as a weekend getaway for a friend and I to visit our children who live in the area. Due to an unplanned medical procedure scheduled for my son, I had to add an extra day. The staff went out of their way to combine the two reservations so I would not have to move. They offered any support in regards to my son's medical appointment. Their friendliness and compassion was greatly appreciated. Having a restaurant and bar in the lobby, made it easy to eat and relax without driving. The food and drinks were excellent. I would definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear KathrynM439,

First, allow me to thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for all of your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure assisting you and your family during your time of need, and we hope your son is well now. We hope to see you again on your next trip to San Diego, and should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a very peaceful experience..Great location for relax... relaxing by the pool...Great Bar!!...not enough parking space.. specially Larry at night shift giving directions on how to get to the hotel, very nice fellow...We recomend it!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Francisco P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review this stay with us. It's great to hear that we were able to provide you with a relaxing and peaceful stay while you were away from home. I would also like to sincerely thank you for recognizing Larry by name and for noting how helpful he was. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights while in San Diego and for the most part had a great experience. The hotel is in a business district about 15 minutes North so there isn't much to do around the hotel. We had no issues with traveling to the sites all three days on the weekend. Breakfast is very expensive ($21 I think) at the hotel and there isn't any other choices around. We had a clean room, the staff was friendly and the beds comfortable. What stopped me from a 5 star rating was the maid cleaned our room the first day even though we had the do not disturb sign out all day and Saturday night there was a Quinceanera Birthday party in the 1st floor ball room that was blasting loud music until 10:10 at night. We were on the third floor and it was vibrating our TV. They also had a couple month lapse in their elevator inspection so I used the stairs when I could.

Overall it was a great stay and probably the perfect hotel for a business traveler.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kmonstrola,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We absolutely love to receive feedback from those actively involved in TripAdvisor such as yourself. I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed the trip to San Diego and that you were able to go out each day. While we do charge $12.95 for breakfast, it is cooked to order, so I apologize if there was any misunderstanding. I also sincerely apologize for the issue you incurred with housekeeping, and hope that it doesn't deter you from staying with us next time so that we can provide a stay worthy of five stars. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The front of the hotel, lobby and pool area are very nice. They had water, tea and coffee and baked goods. Hotel staff was very helpful, and went out of their way to find us beach toys. Complimentary breakfast had everything you needed. Staff was wonderful and food was very good. Room was comfortable and clean. We enjoyed hotel, and the Del Mar area. I would recommend this Hilton and would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear MoniqueM228,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with a fabulous five star review. I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and staff and that the room was comfortable and clean. We sincerely appreciate you recommending us to your friends, and can't wait to see you on your next trip to the San Diego area.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had a great experience overall. The staff was exceptional except for one person night staff, not very friendly. I had a nice stay I will definitely return when I make a trip again to San Diego. The hotel in no very far from Sea World or Sep Port Village. I did no realize how close we were from La Jolla which next time I will make it a point to visit La Jolla beach. My children enjoyed the stay and it is not easy to make teenagers happy at times!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am more than pleased to see that you found almost our entire staff exceptional. I'm even more pleased to see that the stay was enjoyable for the entire family. We can't wait to see you again on your next trip to San Diego. Until then, should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.