“Great Stay and Friendly Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #10 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Front desk was extremely helpful. Daughter unfortunately became sick on vacation. Hotel staff went out of their way to make her comfortable and clean room. Breakfast staff was great. They greeted us every morning, were very helpful at breakfast bar, and got us on our way quickly so we could enjoy our vacation. Room were clean, room service was great, and front was very helpful. Enjoyed the stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Michael K,

Thank you very much for the review and kind words towards our staff. I'm absolutely delighted to see that we were able to assist you in your vacation while your daughter was sick and that you were able to make the best of your time while in San Diego. I'm also very pleased to see you enjoyed our breakfast staff and that your room was clean and comfortable. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is convenient to many areas of San Diego and is a great option. We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Cabrillo National Monument and Sea World and enjoyed the service and comfort at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Richard W,

Thank you very much for the review. I'm happy to see your found our hotel convenience, and that you enjoyed the service and comfort. I truly hope you enjoyed the two night stay and that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hotel room was clean. On site restaurant was exceptional but pricey. Hotel staff was approachable and helpful. This hotel is not within walking distance of anything. So be prepared to drive everywhere.

1  Thank Terry L

Dear Terry L,

Thank you greatly for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm happy to see that you found the hotel clean, and that you were able to join us in our Bistro 39. Thank you also for the kind words regarding the hotel staff. We hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future and should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am a frequent business traveller who has books about 30 nights a year in Hilton Garden Inn properties. This has been one of the best I have stayed at in a while. It was extremely clean and well tended to. The management and staff were very friendly. The only downside is that the pool is pretty small. It is a good distance from most major attractions in San Diego (Zoo, Sea World, etc.) but I knew that ahead of time. Overall, I would highly recommend staying here to anyone in the San Diego area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear TankDagger,

Thank you for letting us be your 25th review on TripAdvisor. It's always a pleasure to hear from guests such as yourself that spend months each year in our hotels. I'm very excited to see that you enjoyed almost every facet of your stay. We sincerely appreciate the recommendations and hope you see you in the future as well. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The quality of our stay was excellent, especially the room cleanliness. For me that is a must wherever I stay. Pool was small though, if you were planning to use it. Internet was free and adequate. In my case, the purpose was mainly to sleepover for a couple of days. I definitely would recommend it for any type of stay, pleasure or business.

Dear Luis T,

Thank you greatly for taking the time to create a tripadvisor account, and for allowing us to be your first five stay review. We sincerely appreciate the kind review and your special attention to the hotels cleanliness. As always we appreciate your recommendation, should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel prices in La Jolla are very high. This is a good alternative not to far but you need a car. Rooms are very clean, spacious and well furnished. Hot breakfast is good with lots of fruits, yogurt and good bread.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear GourmetMX,

Thank you greatly for taking the time to review your stay with us, your kind words truly are appreciated. I'm happy to see we were able to provide an economical alternative to you and that you enjoyed our clean, spacious rooms along with breakfast. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

They should have their shuttle working all day during the race track. That is why we choose this hotel. However, they close their shuttle down at 2:00 pm to get to the race track, if you miss the shuttle your out of luck!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Margaret A O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review this stay with us. I apologize that our shuttle to the fairgrounds did not quite meet your needs, hopefully our shuttle pick up was more accommodating. I truly hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable, and should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.