Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #4 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Quality personnel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at Marriotts for years and have received only the best service and accommodations. I would like to personally thank Theressa and Ketar who greeted us and made my family feel so welcome. They went way past my expectation in customer care. And as I am in the service industry it amazes me that they are able to keep it consists t world wide...
Erik Randolph

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Erandolf11
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Erandolf11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I hear the same comments over and over again about the service our staff provdes our guests and I absolutely love it. I will be sure to share your comments with both Ketan and Theresa.

Thanks again.

Greg Schmidt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I'm staying at this hotel while house hunting for a job relocation. This hotel is excellent! The staff (Janice, Theresa, Cally, and Billy) are extremely friendly and accommodating. They have made my stay comfortable and roll out the red carpet treatment with their attentive and accommodating service. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable, the grounds are well maintained, parking is generous, and the location is near restaurants and grocery stores in the desirable Carmel Mountain community. I chose this location based on a co-worker's trusted recommendation and I will highly recommend this Residence Inn to co-workers, friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RoadWarrior143
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
RoadWarrior143,

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying our hotel and the service our staff is providing.

I read comments such as yours all the time and it just reaffirms what we are doing here at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Thanks again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I normally stay at the Sorrento Mesa location but the Marriott rewards was offering a free night stay at one of their category 4 locations as a promotion.......I can certainly see why this hotel is a category 4....in my opinion it should be a catergory 1 or 2. I called 1 day ahead to book a reservation for my family of 5......the free night promo only allows you to book a studio but its at the hotel's descretion to upgrade you to a larger room in which they agreed to do so. I wanted to check in on Monday but there were no 2 bdrm suites available to accomodate my family size so I made the reservation for tuesday requesting an early check-in. When I spoke with the person at the front desk named Thereasa she said my room wasn't quite ready so she would call me after lunch. Thereasa never called so I decided to drive out and check-in after 4:00pm but when I got there Ketan (front desk rep) told me that he could not upgrade me to a 2 bedroom and that there was a 4 person max for a studio room.....by this time I was livid!! Ketan was very unaccomodating, unfriendly, and seemed very irritated! He left me and my family sitting in rge lobby with no place to go for the night so I decided to take matters into my own hands and contacted the Marriott's customer care department....they were very accomodating....they gave me 2, 000 points and contacted the front desk to upgrade me to a 2bdrm suite.....Dehl is also a front desk rep and she was very nice and understanding......but when I checked my family in the room the bathrooms were filthy and disgusting!!! The showers had mold in the grout!! Ketan tried to argue with me by saying it was just water so i took a napkin and rubbed and gook appeard to his surprise! They offered to move me to a different room which wasn't so bad but bottom line, I would not recommend this place to ANYONE (not even your pets)!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Katrina D
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Katrina D,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

While I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I would like to respectfully disagree with your comments. We have the absolute best staff at this hotel as you can see from the numerous comments here on TripAdvisor. The very assosicates you mention that did not provide good customer service are the same associates that are mentioned repeatedly here on TripAdvisor. Again, if we failed to meet your expectations, I do apologize.

As for the cleanliness of your room, I know we provided a couple of different rooms for you but none of which met your expectations. I did personally check the second room to ensure it met Marriott standards. I found the room to be in perfect condition, I'm not sure where you found the items that you presented to the front desk as I can assure you they were not there when I inspected the room.

I know we have provided you 20,000 marriott reward points for your inconvenience. I see that you live here in San Diego and I hope you will be able to find another hotel that can meet your standards the next time you are looking for accommodations.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stay at this Residence Inn regularly every time I come to San Diego area for business trip. The hotel is conveniently located in central San Diego so I can get my work done efficiently. There are many restaurants and stores just adjacent to the hotel and across the street.
The staff are friendly and trying to accommodate the request as best as they can. I would like to thank Teresa for always providing outstanding service to make my stay feel like home and comfortable.
I highly recommend this Residence Inn for both business and family trip if you are visiting in San Diego.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
YMM130,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it.

I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa who is one of our most valued associates. She, along with the rest of the team, strive to provide top notch service to all of our guests. It's so great to have this recognized over and over again.

Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here for the weekend and could not have been happier with the choice. The location is great and within walking distance to anything you would like. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean and modern, and the hotel overall was very nice. I stay in SD about twice a month and this will be my choice going forward.

• Stayed March 2014
TheHukillEffect,

I'm so glad to hear that we will be your hotel of choice anytime you are in San Diego.

I couldn't agree more, our hotel, staff and location cannot be beat. We have the best staff and the greatest guests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed here for 42 days. The staff is AWESOME. Everyone from the front desk, especially Theresa and Ketan, was fantastic and made our stay very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel because of the friendly staff and location to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
guitarzrfun,

Fourty two days? Wow, it truly is a home away from home isn't it?

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, it souns like our staff took excellent care of you.

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it.

Indio, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

While on a golf vacation into the Fallbrook - Rancho Bernardo area, we had a large number of Marriott affiliated options. Being a Marriott time-share owner and Marriott Rewards member, we always opt for a Marriott property, but had not yet stayed at a Residence Inn. We were not surprised to find the normal Marriott friendliness and courtesy and were rewarded with a happy hour and great breakfast prior to or round of golf.

Room Tip: Our room right next to the elevator was comfortable and quiet.