Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #5 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Laurel, Maryland
“Marriott San Diego”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

In San Diego for business and vacation for my wife. Theresa was extremely helpful the first day we arrived since arriving a little bit early, and the rest of the staff always available to give you a hand with a smile. The accommodations were excellent, extremely clean, with a quiet environment to rest after a days work, sightseeing, and/or enjoying the night life. Plenty of parking. Access to tourist sites were so convenient with Tijuana less than half hour away, Navy Base San Diego around 23 minutes, downtown less than half hour, and La Jolla Beach less than half hour. Always a hot breakfast and three times a week a social hour at night. If you like shopping (like my wife) you'll like the walking distance to various shopping centers.This will be our spot next time we come to San Diego. Nelson and Sylvia

Green Features: Three times a week in the evening the hotel offers a complimentary social hour with hors d'oeuvres accompanied with beer and wine.
1 Thank nriverapagan
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
nriverapagan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch. We are very proud of our hotel and the service we provide each and every day.

You're absolutely correct, our location couldnt be better. With all of the restaurants, shopping and freeway access, ours makes the perfect location for anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

Greg Schmidt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was here on business and had a very comfortable stay for a week. The breakfast spread was good enough and they have a friendly, helpful staff. I felt at home, especially considering this was my first trip to the US. I was impressed with the drop and pickup service from my office location.
A perfect place, I would say.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pradhija
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Prad_5,

Wow, your first trip to the United States and we had the privilege of hosting you. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it.

Folsom, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Friendly staff, breakfast and happy hour are a welcome treat! The rooms are very comfy with a separate bedroom, kitchenette and living room. I stay here on business each time I visit San Diego and would glady bring the family here!

1 Thank A S
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
A S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor, it is greatly appreciated.

I know all of our guests really enjoy the complimentary evening hospitality that we host every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The complimentary beer and wine is along with the evening snack has really become a Residence Inn staple. This, along with our complimentary breakfast everyday is one of the things that keeps our guests coming back.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.

Anaheim, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

i love this hotel. its near shopping and tons of eating choices. janice was very helpful and sweet while checking in. i fell inlove with the room. it was perfect in every way. i will definetly be back to this hotel its so perfect.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank annissa f
annissa f,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad to hear that you were pleased with our location and the service from our staff. I feel very fortunate to work with all of these associates every day as they each exemplify customer service.

We look forward to hosting you in the future.

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The staff was attentive and the place clean. Will stay again.

Close by shopping made it easy to pickup things we'd forgotten to pack.

Plenty of parking with no extra charge.

Played basketball with the kids and enjoyed the hot tub.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank SarabChimni
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
SarabChimni,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosing you and your family the next time you are in San Diego.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hotel was very well equipped, separate bedroom, 2 tvs, full kitchen, fireplace, pool and tennis court, popcorn and coffee in the room. Room was clean and well decorated. My only gripe was that the bed seemed short to me. I am 6 feet tall, but my feet hung over the end. I am used to a California King, so maybe I am spoiled. It also seemed like the walls were a little thin as I could hear the shower upstairs and a woman talking on the phone in the room next door.

They have a wonderful happy hour with not only free food, but free wine and good local beer on tap as well. They also offer up a full breakfast. This is a really nice place to stay in San Diego. A little bit to get to downtown and the beaches, but you can't beat the price for what you get in amenities.

Room Tip: Some concerns expressed about the freeway noise, but I didn't notice it on the first floor. May...
4 Thank Mark W
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I think you will be pleased to know that we will be replacing all boxsprings and beds in 2015. Hopefully when you are back with us next year your feet wont hang off the bed.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities and complimentary breakfast and the evening hospitality.

We look foward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at Marriotts for years and have received only the best service and accommodations. I would like to personally thank Theressa and Ketar who greeted us and made my family feel so welcome. They went way past my expectation in customer care. And as I am in the service industry it amazes me that they are able to keep it consists t world wide...
Erik Randolph

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Erandolf11
Erandolf11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I hear the same comments over and over again about the service our staff provdes our guests and I absolutely love it. I will be sure to share your comments with both Ketan and Theresa.