“Great location. Fabulous service. ”

Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #5 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stay at Marriott properties very regularly and am typically pleased. This Residence Inn has a less corporate feel. It has all the amenities of your typical Residence Inn plus the feel of a family owed property. The staff was incredibly personal. One of the guest services reps asked us our plan for the day and proceeded to provide guidance on all of the neighborhoods we wanted to visit. She mapped our trip for us and gave us the local's perspective we were looking for.
No doubt that this location is a favorite for us. We'll be back again and again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Beth R,

I love when I travel and I'm able to discover places only the locals know about so I'm very happy to hear that our staff provided you this type of personalized service, it truly makes all the difference.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for business and it was very convenient to the Sony office. The people are very friendly and the room was clean. There was an issue with the Wi-Fi, but after calling the front desk, the technical support person tried to fix it and gave me a case number so I could check on the status if I wanted. The front desk, the folks at the breakfast buffet, and housekeeping were all extremely friendly, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

gstatman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier to hear that we resolved your issue with the complimentary internet. We just recently went through an upgrade to make our internet even faster so I'm assuming the issue took place during this upgrade.

Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Really nothing to fault. Better values can be found, but not that often an the value is quite good just the same. Great suite, to bad I only stayed one night. If I had a 2 week or longer stay I be delighted to stay here. Gas station and strip mall with a grocery store right next to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

randyabr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We too wish you could have stayed with us for two weeks. With all of the amenities we provide, we truly are a "home away from home" for our guests.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you find yourself in San Diego.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am in San Diego for 4 weeks on business from South Africa and when looking online for hotels was overwhelmed with the choice. I chose this Marriott Residence in as it seemed like a convenient location and the rooms seemed to be a decent size. I only booked a 1 week stay just in case but today extended for the full 4 weeks.

The hotel is GREAT. From very friendly and efficient staff at reception to the position of the hotel, I am very happy to stay here. The rooms are all suites, so you get a kitchen, lounge area and 1 or 2 bedrooms depending on suite size. The hotel includes a free breakfast and free parking to all guests which is a bonus. The free internet and WIFI works very well and there is an upgrade option for a faster connection although I have not needed it. The free Wifi works fine to stream Netflix and use remote desktop back home.

The room is very clean with linens being changed twice a week, and they even gave the carpets a thorough cleaning while I was there which makes the whole room feel fresh and clean.

Staff are always friendly and Theresa from reception was brilliant at resolving the problem my travel agent back home created with multiple reservations for my stay.

Location wise, there are 4 strip malls around the area with plenty of restaurants for suppers, Sprouts for pre-made food to take back to the hotel for suppers and many other retail stores. There are also a few full sized shopping centers 5 minutes away. San Diego Downtown is a 30 minute drive, but the hotel is located right near I15 so very accessible if you need to travel.

All in all a great experience and I would recommend this as a hotel for business travelers, vacation travelers and families.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dale G
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dale G,

I'm so glad to hear that you have extended your stay with us to the full 4 weeks.

It sounds like the team has taken very good care of you and I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa.

If there's anything you need over the next month, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've stayed at this Residence Inn twice, and the staff are always very attentive to our needs, very accommodating. I didn't give it five stars because the beds are uncomfortable--need updating. Other than that, it's clean, and they try to meet all requests.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

DeEtte D,

Thank you so much for being a repeat guest at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mounain Ranch.

I'm looking forward to your next stay with us so that you can expeince our new beds. Yes, we are in the process of replacing all mattresses and boxsprings. We are a 124 room hotel and we have already replaced 20 mattresses. Hopefully the next time you are with us we will earn the full 5 stars.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice clean room/suite with kitchenette. Breakfast buffet with many selections and dinner on select nights. Laundromat on site. There is also a pool, tennis/basketball court, a small dog park, and a couple of bbq areas. The ground are maintained nicely. Very close to gas, restaurants, supermarket, and movie theater (all within walking distance). Appreciated the bar on the sliding glass door and window locks for added security, as break ins while sleeping in hotels is always a concern for me.
My stay was business related and this hotel was in close proximity to the facility I was visiting. When I asked for walking directions I was offered a ride to and from the facility. This is a service they provide to business customers visiting nearby businesses.
Theresa, and the day manager whose name escapes me now, and the rest of the desk staff were all wonderful and helped make my stay very pleasant. I will stay again for future trips.

• Stayed: May 2014
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Tory66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad you thoroughly enjoyed all of amenities we offer at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Montain Ranch. Our guests love the complimentary full breakfast, evening hospitalit, high speed internet and parking.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel experience was overall felt like home. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. Serving free breakfast and free wifi was very thoughtful and kind. The front desk worker, Theresa, was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank karen-padaong

karen-padaong,

Well, it looks like we succeeded. We strive to make all of our guests feel like they are at home and I'm so happy to hear that this came through.

I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa and our entire team.