Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #4 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had the opportunity to stay again at the Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo / Carmel Mountain Ranch. As usual, the staff is delightful - especially Ketan.

Due to a flight delay, I could not check in until 11:30pm. When I arrived at the hotel, I was quickly checked in with a smile!

Room was clean. Pillows super comfortable. Breakfast was great!!

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brandi J
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Brandi J,

Welcome back.

I'm so glad you have made the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch your hotel of choice when visiting San Diego. We look forward to welcoming you each time you come.

I will be sure to share your comments with Ketan and our Housekeeping team.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I'm very happy with my experience so far. The staff is extremely helpful and accommodating, especially Theresa at the front desk.the rooms are clean and well furnished. additionally, there are about 15 to 20 restaurants within 5 minutes driving and many within walking distance. Well located,this is a perfect spot for work or play.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank phil29906
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

phill29906,

Welcome to the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo. We are so happy to have you here with us. Looks like this really will be your home away from home for a while.

I believe I was at the Front Desk when you first arrived, we are so happy to have you with us. If there's anything you need while you're here, please don't hesitate to call on any of us.

Thanks you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were re locating to California after a tornado just about ravaged our lovely mid west home. I for one was extremely home sick, but the staff, homey amenities (such as a full kitchen, multiple rooms, and plenty of room on the grounds) and lovely weather helped ease my pain. I loved the hot tub, close shops and tennis option. It also has a mini-dog park/dog run on site for the animals we transported with us. We became just like family around there (they welcome others displaced out of their homes for any number of reasons,) and everyone from the front desk folks to our best friends we made in the dining room and maid staff embraced us with compassionate open arms. Thank God for all of you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TiffMateas
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Tiff M,

So many of our long-term stay guests think of our staff and the other guests they meet as family by the end of their stay. It sounds like you had the same experience.

Welcome to San Diego, I think you and your family will be very happy here and you don't have to worry about Tornadoes anymore.

Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

You won't find a better place to stay than this Residence Inn. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast has everything you could want to eat and we really enjoyed the delicious BBQ they served on a night we were there. The pool is sparkling and the kids enjoyed the basketball court. Everyone is so friendly, make sure you say hello to Hetal after Theresa checks you in. We won't stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet U
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Janet U,

I see you got know a couple of our employees and experienced the amazing service we provide everyday to our guests.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our evening BBQ and the sport court.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent facility. Kind and accomodating staff always helpful and responsive to customer needs. Great location, comfortable rooms which is important to the business traveler. No complaints I have absolutely no reason to stay anywhere else. Thanks Hetal for your continuous outstanding leadership at this facility.

2  Thank Bob U

Bob U,

Thank you so much for your strong endorsement of our hotel.

We are very proud of our staff and our property and I'm so glad to hear you feel it's your home away from home.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I greatly enjoyed my stay here. The location is outstanding and the people are top notch. In particular, Theresa is one of the nicest hospitality representatives I have encountered, and she made me feel very welcome and appreciated for choosing their establishment. When on business travel, I usually like to check in quickly but this time I found myself chatting about my family vacation to Hawaii a few weeks back and headed up to my room with a big smile on my face. That was the direct result of exceptional hospitality, and I will be back. Also worth noting is that the complimentary happy hour includes a very fine ale that I have not seen offered at any other RI. Well done!

1  Thank Robert S
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

robert S,

Yes, Theresa is an outstanding associate and we are very lucky to have her and the rest of our staff represent our hotel. We get so many great compliments about everyone at our Front Desk and Gatehouse, it really makes my job a lot easier.

I love that ale as well, it's one of my favorites. We actually buy it from a local brewery as we try and incorporate some local offerings in our evening social. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you and we look forward to hosting you the next time you're in San Diego.

Siincerely,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I asked my company to change my reservation at a previous hotel to be moved to this hotel. Even though this hotel was 15 minutes further out than the previous hotel, I didn't care! I'm usually very happy to stay in Residence Inns...this one did not disappoint!!! Room was very clean and modern, good television channels (yes, that matters! HAHA!!) The surrounding area was great also! I actually use the kitchen at Residence Inns, so I was very happy to find a Sprouts grocery store across the street. There are also MANY restaurants around in walking distance! The front desk staff also provided a list of places to eat/shop/have fun at in the area. I also thought that was a plus! You don't have to Google it, it's already done for you. The staff was really nice, breakfast was great, rooms cleaned well daily. I would definitely stay here again!

3  Thank N_THE_AIR
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

N_The_Air,

Thank you for insisting your company move you from your original hotel to our property. It sounds like even though we are a little further away, our property is well worth the extra few minutes in commute.

I couldn't agree more, our location is absolutely perfect with several restaurants, shops and grocery stores right within walking distance.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.