“Great location about 30 minutes from everything.”

La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar
Ranked #157 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
A TripAdvisor Member
Oakland, California, USA
Reviewed 28 November 2013

One of the best hotels I stayed at for the price. Everywhere And everything is 30 minutes or so away. Great location. We came back to made beds and clean rooms every day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Probably my only complaint would be there waffles at the continental breakfast. That had no flavor, but I fixed that with lots of butter and syrup. I will definey stay at this location again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

A La Quinta traveler
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed 14 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This was our 3rd time staying at this hotel..Location is great if you are looking to visit the San Diego area and super easy access to both freeway 15 and 56. I was quite excited when we arrived and I noticed they now had a business center! First two times they didn't have this amenity. But allowed me to purchase and print my tickets before going to the parks. Breakfast was pretty good, toast, waffles, milk, coffee, juice, muffins, and fruit. but there is a Ihop in the parking lot. Also a Mexican place, and across the street a Mcdonalds and Subway. Also this time since traveling with babies, we needed more diapers so we searched for a Walmart, and turns out there is one only 4 miles away from the hotel! Area is pretty quiet as well, no noise complaints, even with being next to the freeway. When we go back I intend on staying again, although I'd still love to check out the Oceanside Laquinta. I love Laquinta!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent value. Clean room, supremely pleasant and helpful staff (without exception). Nicest hotel pool I can recall, "bath water" warm in October! Kids (and I) loved the breakfast - even with the option of their favorites IHOP (next door) and McDonald's (across the street, with a playground), we never went anywhere else for breakfast.

The only downsides were traffic noise (plus a car wash right outside the hotel) and a couple of slightly smelly pillows (which I didn't bother to bring to the attention of the staff - there were plenty of pillows, I just used a different one).

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice Hotel for traveling. Free breakfasts and wi-fi. Rooms are large and the price is very affordable. Cheaper then Best Western. Centrally located and is right the Poway Road Exit on off I-15. Proprietors and workers very neat, professional and perform their jobs with customer service as their main obhective.

Room Tip: Don.t face the pool area and take a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hotel in good location. Has very comfortable beds. Quiet location. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Friendly staff. Room was adequate. What I liked least was location of bathroom light switch. What I liked best was the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Got the room with one king bed. Room is spacious. Air conditioning runs very well. Plus someone went ahead of me & made sure it was on due to the hot weather. Awesome! John(y?) at the front desk was very polite. I asked to check if there was anything closer to pool & he did the best to be accommodating. I called down a few times with questions & not once did he sound annoyed. Pros: Comfy bed/pillows. Heated pool, at PERFECT temperature & at great location on property, bathroom is good, bathtub big enough, water pressure on shower good. Customer service good & room clean. Great area, right off freeway. Cons: No micro or fridge, no video console as listed on description. No hot tub. All in all, a decent stay. I'd come back but bring a cooler. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
Quality Inn San Diego Miramar
#187 of 279 in San Diego

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar? Share your experiences!