“good value for a place to stay”

La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar
Ranked #154 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is an older LaQuinta hotel, but it is well maintained and well managed. The benefit is the price is right, it is a good value for a place to stay. The only drawback is the breakfast area gets crowded in the mornings, but manageable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel is clean, the staff is nice and helpful.

The only thing that I would actually "complain" about is the limited seating (3 tables) for breakfast. Outdoors there is one table available to enjoy but that is all.

Breakfast is as always a good variety and you can of course make the yummy waffels.

The hotle is directly on the interstate to LA and right on the beach.

We enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The stay was very good. I will stay again when time comes. The motel was very nice. The bed was sooo comfortable. The shower and tub was great. Breakfast was good. Service was good as well. overall stay was great.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This location has clean rooms and a beautiful facility. The staff was friendly and the room smelled clean which is very important to me. We stayed on the third floor and so our stay was quiet and pleasant. The only difficulty I had with it was that we've been spoiled and ruined forever by the La Quinta we stayed at in New Mexico/Roswell. The Roswell Location had such a good breakfast that they raised the bar for us and no one else has been able to beat them. Roswell had waffles and omelets and loads of other goodies. San Diego Scripps Poway had lots of muffins but not much in the way of what I was looking for. Overall, we loved it and would definitely recommend it to anyone that might ask.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I'm in the desert south west and I come to San Diego on the weekends. Because I am on a limited expense account, I need to be frugal. Usually this means disgusting places.

This place is clean.

You can tell that it has been a while since it has been renovated. But you can also tell that the local management cares. They seem to work very hard to keep it up.

Manager Maureen, and Kris and Robert at the front desk are professional, courteous, and very competent.

Flat screen TV's with not enough HD channels.

A simple, low cost, clean motel in a decent part of town.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My first experience with La Quinta,
I was pleased.
Front desk was pleasant and accommodating. I asked for more coffee, towels and pillows. Extra coffee everyday without asking. Stopped by the desk at night, free bottled water. The room was not elaborate, but it was clean.
Free Wi-fi
Free breakfast
Great customer service
For the price, great place.
Will go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Honestly, everything is good here except the pillows. Those pillows are SOOOOO uncomfortable that my neck hurt so bad for days. I had to sleep without those pillows. I would say that I've been to better La Quinta. My personal favorite is the one located in mission valley which is closer to downtown San Diego. Other than that, there's still a lot of places to eat around the area which is kind of nice. I would probably stay here again but I"ll bring my own pillows next time!

Room Tip: Do not get any rooms that are towards the freeway. This is because there's a man who rolls aroun...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ramada Poway
Ramada Poway
#3 of 3 in Poway
Ramada San Diego North Hotel & Conference Center

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar? Share your experiences!