Fairmont Grand Del Mar
US$523
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$236
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$474
  • Room Service
US$231
US$224
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
Great 4.5/5
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$168
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
1,880 results
All reviewsamaya restaurantadult poolrelaxation poolchocolate covered oreosprado suitefour seasonsfamily poolamazing propertytennis courtspool servicerooms are beautifulturn down servicestar resortsouthern californiafitness centerthe san diego areaminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fantastic hotel on all fronts. Service is excellent and everything you would expect from a five star experience. Quality of the rooms is top notch, really big, well equipped and quiet. We had 6 nights here and from the moment we booked to the time we left we were made to feel special. We wouldn't really single any member of staff out as they were all very consistent.
The Spa is superb, far more professional and high in quality then anything we have experienced before in 5 star hotels. The quality of spas is often quite average in hotels, this is a real exception.

Good location, easy to get San Diego though we stayed at the hotel more than we had planned because the weather was so good and we wanted to enjoy the pool facilities. Pool staff amazing, very attentive and couldn't do enough for us.

Overall awesome

Room Tip: We had a quiet room in great location with patio and garden view on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank f0reversunshine
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Grand Del Mar was a place I was looking forward to for many, many, months, and it didn’t disappoint! I didn’t want to leave. They made my birthday experience something I won’t forget.

The restaurants were amazing! Amaya is a perfect setting outside with the fire place, heat lamps, the stars, and a glass of wine.

The gym , the pools were fantastic. My only slight complaint was with the condition of the golf course. Not the staff mind you, but the condition. For the price, I wish they would overseed like Aviara with winter rye. But it’s just a small complaint, the layout is fun!

My dog Sophia and I will be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jakesophia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this property, and the first time we have come here after I learned to play golf.

The physical plant is as originally described some two years ago, but having stayed here for three nights now, I find the service to be impeccable, and the golf practice facilities (we never got to play since Kaiser Permanente was having a tournament) top drawer.

Food at both the Amaya restaurant (the one open all day) was excellent, and the wine list (and sommalier) there superb, but William Bradley at the Addison produced an exquisite meal and the wine pairing -- a lovely young Piancornello Brunello di Montalcino -- was excellent, going well with my carmelized codfish in dashi and the sweetbreads, while my husband raved about he butter grilled salmon dusted with fennel powder and the oysters dressed with cream lightened hollandaise scented with horseradish.

All in all, despite the noticeable aging of the carpeting and furniture, a definite be-back whilst in the San Diego area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The resort is gorgeous, filled with old world mediterranean charm. The service is excellent and consistent at all levels. From the moment you enter the private driveway of this exclusive resort you feel you're experiencing something special. Even the natural wildlife seemed to be in on the payroll, I had the pleasure of being greeted by a beautiful deer. I highly recommend this location if you want to get away from everything and focus on being pampered.

One thing to note, this is not a beachside resort. To experience the beach, plan on a short quick drive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Spent spring break at the Del Mar with family, and what a great place, great service, and best was the location.
First the place. We really liked our room (Id suggest something on the 3rd floor, had very enjoyable views). The pool grounds were very nice and our 9 year old had a blast swimming every day. Even though was kind of busy, it never seemed crowded and guests did a great job of 'spacing' out between families. The room was very clean, they have great housekeeping team. The grounds were very nice, enjoyable to walk around, we even played bocci ball.
Next, the customer service. The front staff, the coffee shop, the lobby and the valets were all very professional, courteous, and attentive. The wait staff by the pool was very good, the only person that I thought was not on it was the bartender by the pool (and this was seeing the same guy for 3 days), as he was not attentive, not very friendly, and overall a jerk...which surprised me as the rest of the staff was great....guess he was too cool for me???
third, the location. You can not get much better to be central to the zoo, seaworld, the safari park, beaches...yet be able to 'get away from it all'! We just couldn't believe where ever we went, it was 15-20 minute drive. Was awesome

The resort is an expensive place to stay ($350-500 for just a regular room), but was very much worth it, we had a great vacation and even managed to come home relaxed and refreshed!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family