“Great value in the heart of downtown San Diego.”

Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown
Ranked #203 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great value in the heart of downtown San Diego.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The rooms were spacious and clean and a great value and the staff exceeded my execution with the great service....thank you Suzette and Erica....and I would definitely advise everyone to stay at this red roof inn....I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orange, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Went to San Diego for the Hot Chocolate 15k race. We got a great rate on these rooms for being downtown and close enough to walk to our start line near the Petco Arena. I had to add a room at the last minute and that was no problem and we got a better rate. Even with multiple rooms under one reservation and separate credit card payment Erica at the front desk made check in and out seamless. The rooms were clean and smelled clean-not stuffy. The coffee in the lobby area was actually good. Was it the best hotel I ever stayed in? No, the shower was like standing on a bosu ball very odd and the bed was not the most comfortable. However, the staff, the rates, and the closeness to downtown Gaslamp district were perfect!! I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 21 March 2014

all service is excellent, they help me in Spanish and English language. I will come back, because de place is highly sunny and very good climate. There are many attractions. is lends the place for a good holiday.

Room Tip: comer suite are large an sunny
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank leopoldo_resendiz
San Rafael, California
Reviewed 13 March 2014

After a very long drive yesterday from Northern California, Ivan welcomed us with his upbeat attitude. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and comfort of the room. Ivan later helped us to refresh some towels and went out of his way to be friendly and make sure we had everything we needed. We have one more night here and the trip is great so far. We would definitely come back. Great service always makes a difference!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed at Red Roof. Check in was very quick and friendly. I wanted to drop off my rental car that night so I did not have to deal with the extra time to drop off the next morning. Ivan on the front desk told me their airport van will be there to pick me up. I dropped car off and waited for the van. Ivan called me and asked me where I was and I did not realize the van was a small one and was waiting at the end of the line. I found the van and apologized for holding him up but did not notice the logo on side. Ivan called driver and asked him if I "was found". Got back to hotel and he greeted me and asked me if there was anything else needed. Just a very pleasant evening.
Check out was just as pleasant with Suzette calling me letting me know the shuttle was here to pick me up and when I went to front desk had my receipt ready. Room is decent and considering it was a Red Roof Budget motel I enjoyed my stay.
RC

Room Tip: Nice place to stay. Quiet and close to downtown and airport. Rooms are in a quad so parking was conv...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Gloucester
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is located on three sides of a block and so there is a road on at least one side of every room. There is no double glazing and so you hear very little noise that is happening outside all night. Any traffic stops at the junctions and dumsters operate throughout the night. No good if your a light sleeper.

Also this hotel is located at the top of town and so if you have problems with mobility then this is not for you.

Finally parking is $16 a night and with no breakfast not worth the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GloucesterTraveler

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Menard, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I would like to begin by saying that our stay here began with the most courteous service from your front office. The room was clean and all furnishings were appreciated. We decided that the service here was above and beyond excellent and changed our plans to include another nights stay!!!!!! Thank you for all the kindness to make our stay here so much fun. Also Suzette is amazing!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends