“Great service when I needed it the most.”

Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown
Ranked #201 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed only for a night but received extraordinary service from everyone but in particular Erica at the check in counter!

This lady provided service in scheduling my shuttle and assuring my departure by air the next day, when I was in no condition to help myself. I had just arrived after a long cruise at the cruise port. Enterprise Car Rental was so incredibly screwed up that I was seriously inconvenienced and she took it upon herself to straighten out my connections from the hotel early the next morning, arranging an early connection to the airport.

You have no idea how calming it was to receive that type of service when I appeared on the scene with three pieces of luggage that I could barely manage by myself.

Everything was perfect in the room as far a functionality and cleanliness as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter B

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed there two times this month and was very pleased, located in the heart of the city it has everything you need complimentary wifi, breakfast, parking space.
Miss Erica the front desk very kind and helpful, definitely will return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

There was a lady at the desk called Erica, she's wonderful, she put me and my Marines together and accommodated us all! And even looked for 18+ places for myself!

The area is wonderful, and is like a 4$ cab ride from all of gaslamp!
And the hotel has parking with in it too which is very helpful!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Rebeca Chacon, General Manager of the Red Roof Inn Downtown San Diego, addressed my complaint with graciousness, generosity and to my complete satisfaction. I would recommend this Inn for affordability, location and service.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The rooms were spacious and clean and a great value and the staff exceeded my execution with the great service....thank you Suzette and Erica....and I would definitely advise everyone to stay at this red roof inn....I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Went to San Diego for the Hot Chocolate 15k race. We got a great rate on these rooms for being downtown and close enough to walk to our start line near the Petco Arena. I had to add a room at the last minute and that was no problem and we got a better rate. Even with multiple rooms under one reservation and separate credit card payment Erica at the front desk made check in and out seamless. The rooms were clean and smelled clean-not stuffy. The coffee in the lobby area was actually good. Was it the best hotel I ever stayed in? No, the shower was like standing on a bosu ball very odd and the bed was not the most comfortable. However, the staff, the rates, and the closeness to downtown Gaslamp district were perfect!! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

all service is excellent, they help me in Spanish and English language. I will come back, because de place is highly sunny and very good climate. There are many attractions. is lends the place for a good holiday.

Room Tip: comer suite are large an sunny
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leopoldo_resendiz
Travellers also viewed these San Diego hotels
Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center
Best Western Cabrillo Garden Inn
Urban Boutique Hotel
Urban Boutique Hotel
#64 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown

Address: 719 Ash St, San Diego, CA 92101-3213 (Formerly Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown)
Region: United States > California > San Diego
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #201 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Price Range: £52 - £292 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel San Diego