My friend and I were looking for a cheap, centrally located hotel in San Diego, where we could basically get a good night's rest and park our car safely after taking a late flight in--and before traveling to Palm Springs. This Red Roof exceeded my expectations as far as budget hotels go. It was very central to both the Gaslamp District and Balboa Park (we walked to the Gaslamp, but ended up driving to Balboa Park because of its uphill location). Our room was very modern and clean, which pleasantly surprised me, and the hotel was very quiet, despite being located in downtown San Diego. I also felt very safe here the entire time. We accidentally drove to the Mission Bay Drive location first, which I may add, seemed like was in the middle of nowhere and not too safe--judging by the glass divider at the front desk counter between the staff and customer. The girl at this front desk was helpful, and the free breakfast was a nice added touch. Parking, which was around the corner in a gated garage, was $16, which I found a little steep, although we were in a big city.
Overall, great stay. I would recommend staying here if you need a central place to sleep, and aren't looking for much more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Non-Smoking Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown is located just minutes from The San Diego International Airport via car or our complimentary shuttle. Our newly renovated rooms are the provide the perfect place to stay while visiting local attractions like the San Diego Convention Center, SeaWorld, San Diego State University or the USS Midway, all located within an easy drive of our location. For a day or evening out, enjoy all that the Gaslamp Quarter has to offer from food, to shopping to entertainment less than a mile from The Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown. Enjoy our Non-Smoking rooms and free WiFi while experiencing all that San Diego has to offer. Our business center is open 24 hours for all of your travel needs and a microwave & refrigerator are available in select rooms. Relax in our lobby with coffee house style coffee and tea in the lobby. Parking is available for passanger vehicles is available for a fee and complimentary shuttle service is available to the San Diego Airport, Amtrack & cruise ship terminals. Shuttle Hours are from 5AM to 9PM. So, if your destination is the San Diego Zoo, or taking in a game at the ball park or just visiting all of the attractions and events San Diego has in store, the Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown welcomes you as a guest in your travels to San Diego Downtown. One well behaved pet is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Red Roof Inn, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Downtown
- Rodeway Inn Downtown
- Rodeway Inn San Diego
- San Diego Rodeway Inn