“Erica! ”

Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown
Ranked #206 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Erica! ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Erica, the front desk agent, was extremely helpful to us! Thank you for everything! We'll definitely be back! Had a great time thanks to her help and advice. Our visit was fantastic. Thanks again Erica.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Keith M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I checked into this Inn this afternoon, the girl at reception was not very helpful, half way through the check in the phone rang, which she answered, I was then told "you're done". Wasn't given any information, or even directions to my room.
The room itself is fine, basic, but ok. The walls are paper thin, every time the toilet was flushed in the room next door it sounded like a burst water pipe. And every time the person in the room above moved it sounded like they were coming through the ceiling.
I am a woman travelling alone and there are no net curtains or screens on the window and I had a lot of other male guests staring in the window at me, I had the option of pulling the drapes or putting up with it.
I went to the reception to ask about checking out early (I had booked 3 nights) and was told that I had to phone booking.com who I had booked with if I wanted a refund for the remaining nights.
It's a cheap building, it doesn't feel safe and the staff don't care.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Kimistie

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this motel. It offers terrific value for money and is in an excellent location.
The reception staff (Ivan and Erica) are friendly and efficient and offer first-class information about the area - most impressive.
My room was well-equipped and very comfortable. There is a complimentary breakfast and free wifi.
If I ever return to San Diego I will definitely choose to stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jan L
Nicholas V, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are extremely pleased that your stay was terrific. We would like to thank you for acknowledging some of our staff by name as they all work hard to ensure each guests stay is a comfortable one. Our breakfast is relatively new and we are pleased to hear your comments on it. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in San Diego.
Mercer Island, WA
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel in a rush without doing my usual research, and so was unhappily surprised to find out there is a $16 a day parking charge. The parking in this downtown location is either in the small central auto court, or in an underground lot which is comically difficult to enter due to one-way streets. Having parked, you must exit the lot onto the sidewalk and walk around on the street to get to the rooms, even though the parking is directly below them.

At check-in the office clerk was snarky and though he did accommodate our request to change to a different room after we complained about the noxious odor in the assigned one, his attitude left a lot to be desired.
Aside from the odor, the first room was on the ground floor with one window into the auto court, no privacy (beware room 114). With the heavy drapes closed the room became a dungeon, all the more so because the light switches didn't work. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

The room we ended up with was a big improvement, and was acceptable. However the one inch difference in floor height between the room and bathroom was joined with a bulky lip that we kept stumbling over.

Bottom line is that next time I will do my research better and won't be rushing back here.

1 Thank elsietall
I would like to start off with apologizing about the miscommunication with the parking surcharge. While it is listed on every website, it is something that is commonly overlooked and we are working on making it more transparent. We would also like to apologize on behalf of our staff member. While this is an uncommon occurrence, we have taken steps to ensure that it is an isolated incident. We never like to see our guest have anything less than a positive experience; your feedback is appreciated and will be used to ensure that our future guests do not have the same experience.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were greeted by Erica when we checked in who was extremely helpful. She gave wonderful suggestions on restaurants/bars to visit and made sure that our stay at the Red Roof Inn was perfect. She made us feel at home during our stay!

2 Thank PalmerPower
Orange, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The young lady at the front desk, Erica, was extremely friendly and helpful! She recommended some places for us to check out in the area! We were able to check out a couple of her recommendations, which were awesome! I really appreciate her help and service, and going above and beyond to help me, and my friends as well. We all had a great stay at this location! Thanks again, Erica! You were a great help!

2 Thank Sda84
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've stayed at RedRoof INN for 3 nights and it was a pleasant stay.
I was welcomed very nicely by Erica at the reception. She was very helpful giving my all info I needed and also calling for taxis for me.

The room was quite big and clean and hotel's location was nice in downtown (was easy for me to walk from one place to another in downtown). It was something like $16 by taxi from the airport.

There's a nice coffee shop in front of the hotel which I recommend.
This hotel worth the price spent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo