“Rediculously cheap, clean spacious rooms in excellent location.”
Review of Beachcomber Shores

Beachcomber Shores
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Beachcomber Shores
Ranked #214 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Friendly staff, clean spacious room, great local amenities. For $32 don't expect art deco with spectacular views but this place is a great wee find with genuine charecter!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank the-wacdog
There are newer reviews for Beachcomber Shores

Reviewed 13 September 2009

My girl found their ad on Craigslist. I knew the rate for the week in the middle of summer just blocks from the beach had to be too good to be true!
I should of been paid to stay there!
-Rooms horribly decorated
-Bed hard with springs poking out
-No air condition
-Janky windows
-Dirty Carpet
-Stained comforter
-People openly doing drugs!
-Children running around
-Roach infested
-Management is rude, unprofessional, I'm not sure what half way house they found them in
-NO PARKING
-We didn't even have drawers to put my clothes in
Those are only the things I can think of off the top of my head. The place was swarming with shady looking characters. My girlfriend wouldn't stay in the room alone!
This place shouldn't even be allowed to rent rooms!
The only way I'd stay here is if I didn't have a car to sleep in.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank K_JacobsFresno
Reviewed 17 December 2008

Im a native of Oceanside living out of state and planned a trip to fly back in with my girlfriend to spend the 4th of July back home. Upon finding an ad on the San diego craigslist I found an ad for BeachComber Shores. When I first mailed in my payment to secure the room 3 months before flying in, I asked the management repeatedly to send me a receipt. Every time I called the attendant would give an excuse to why it had not been sent. Upon flying in to San Diego and Picking up my Car Rental, I drove to the property which was disgusting externally, we still wanted to give the place a chance maybe the inside would be more accomidable. I had to park the rental next to a trailer on bricks who probably pays for the lot space to live there. The on-site live-in attendant was kind enough to leave a note with a number so we can retrieve the key. . Only problem is she wrote down six digits instead of 7. Walking in the premesis the pungent smell of marajuana was obvious. We asked a group Cholo residents loitering in the cortyard If they knew where the landlord is, they were kind enough to help, after yelling "SHEILLLLLLAAAA" through her screen window, she emerged with no shoes on, and showed us to our rooms. We had the choice of one room, you can feel the floorboard underneath the carpet shift around while we inspected the room, the bed felt like a boxspring on top of a boxspring. The ad on craigslist gives the reason for the value on the rooms are because there is no room service and no air conditioning. I am accustomed to San diego weather so that was not a problem for me, only thing is 3 of the windows in the room were glued shut. the only ones we could open up were facing the street, we could hear every step a person or every cough a person made outside, let alone the sound of traffic. The windows were substandard it had some sort of archaic swing out contraption, it was evidentthe exterior of the complex was suffering from decay, must have not been remodeled since at least the early 60's. I was afraid to leave my lapotp there and belongings let alone my girlfriend there alone if I wanted to hit the waves surfing early morning. We stayed in the room a total of 1 hour since the time we checked in and the only other room that was vacant during the holiday was 20 miles away in Poway. The attendant denied us a refund due to the fact the Supervisor was unavailible durning Jul4th. We returned the next morning only to hear that $100 was to be subtracted from our refund, and it would be mailed to us. I did not even recieve a receipt how could I trust them to send me a refund? Management decided to argue with us, the most inconsiderate response came from the supervisor, "Unlike you two, not fulfilling your commitments we will fulfill ours and mail your refund" Never have I heard a businessperson question their customers character. After finally thretening legal action we obtained our refund minus the security deposit of $100 dollars. It felt so good to drive away from the shantytown wreck we nealy had to spend a whole nother week in, I give credit to those who could bear spending just one night in one of those rooms. Please dont be like me and ignore the negative posts online, take my loss as your gain and find some other place!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pacificdays
Reviewed 25 March 2008

We needed an inexpensive apartment for 3 persons for Easter Break in the beach area of Pacific Beach...we found this on Craigslist advertised at $325/wk! It turned out to be a studio apartment and we paid extra for the third person. This was the best deal we could find. Location was great and close to beach and clubs. Parking was difficult, no room cleaning for weekly visits (you do your own). Staff was helpful but becuse it was weekly, we did not need them every day. Microwaves and bar frigs only....be prepared to npay the $100 security deposit..

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank upwind
Reviewed 31 January 2008

The Beachcomber Shores has a big banner out front saying "BEST RATES". They also runs ads without the hotel name but its phone number advertising cheap rates in the newspaper and other places. However the cheap advertised rate is never available when you inquire. Expect to pay $98 per night for a room after you take the bait and show up. The $250 and $275 a week rate is always "unavailable" as well. Expect to pay between $350 and $400. Its a classic bait and switch and they don't even try to hide it. They will tell you "Thats just an ad we run year round to attract coustomers."
I stayed for a week watching cockroaches crawl up and down the walls. They said they were "spraying for BEES" and to stay indoors one day. They threatened to keep my $100 deposit several times. Once when I had a friend over (they spy for this 24 hours a day) and another time when someone said my TV was too loud. Overall it was a hellish nightmare and I would sleep in my car before I stayed there again. For the same price you can stay at much nicer hotels alot closer to the beach with many less restrictions and much friendlier service. Heads up folks!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank JenniferSnow
Reviewed 5 September 2007

horrible "room" our parents and 82 year old grandmother slept on a box spring on top of a box spring, no joke. NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!
they forgot to mention it 95 degrees in August. No refunds and 2 night minimum. Terrible staff and no service. This motel is not for you.

ps. I saw more than 10 cockroaches in our room, there was a beehive between our rooms that the staff knew about, and 3 out of 6 of our guests are allergic........the list goes on. Not a deal at $122.50 a night

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank biogirl1976
Reviewed 6 August 2007

Me and my friend stayed here for almost 2 weeks. It was definetly the best deal in town. Its only blocks to the beach. The main street where all the action takes place is walking distance. Perfect to be close enough to enjoy the bars and shops, but a nice distance away from the noise that takes place in the evening. The units have a small fridge and a microwave which was perfect for heating up left overs and late night snacks. The bus line is close by, making it easy acess to get downtown. The unit is more like an apartment than a motel room. There is no miad service, but all the supplies you need are available at the office. The staff was great! Very friendly and gave me great info on where to go in San Diego. I will for sure be back to visit. The place is perfect if you are looking for a great deal and want to spend money on San Diego, instead of expensive rooms.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends