Stayed in this hotel for five nights last week on our trip to San Diego. Based on some reviews, I requested a room overlooking the bay from a high floor. To my delight, we were given such a room on the highest floor (floor #14). We had room number 1405. It was totally worth it, what a view!
We had a great experience in this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Rita. She helped us plan our trip to the zoo, as well as the USS Midway Museum and the Maritime Museum. The room was very clean, comfortable and modern. The mattress could have been a little newer but it was okay for a few days. The bathroom was clean and great. They even provided cotton balls and Q-tips, which you don't see in many hotels. They also had a separate trashcan for recyclables. There was an occasional noise coming from the bathroom fan, but if you closed the bathroom door you couldn't hear it anymore in the bedroom.
The Wi-Fi was free and fast, breakfast was free and excellent. We didn't use the pool or the Jacuzzi as it was a little too chilly last week, but they looked well-maintained. The hotel also provides a free shuttle to the airport, which is only about 2 miles away. That was a great benefit for us as well. They charge $14 per night to park but we didn't have a rental car anymore at that point. The hotel was a walking distance to the harbor, as well as Little Italy. If you are planning to use the city trolley, the station is only a block and a half away. Highly recommended, we will stay there again on our next trip to San Diego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western