We stayed at the Best Western Bayside from Fri, Feb 4th to Mon, Feb 7th. Let me start by saying how convenient the complimentary airport shuttle was. It was not more than a 10 min wait before the van was there and then a 10-15 min drive to the hotel. We got there around 11:30 a.m. and they let us check in early. We were in room 1405 on the top floor with a bay view room. The view was great, we could see the Star of India ship and the sunset in the evening. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The location is perfect for everything we wanted to do. The trolley stop is only about 2 blocks away. We took the blue line to visit Old Town. The hotel is situated about 2 blocks from Little Italy, and a little farther away (10-12 blocks but still walkable) to the Gaslamp area. Those were all of the areas we wanted to go so it worked out great. Also, being so close to the bay, you can walk to the ferry and other site seeing tour boats. The breakfast was average I would say. It was nice having a few warm items to choose from (breakfast potatoes, pancakes one morning, oatmeal, eggs, grits) along with the usual continental breakfast items (muffins, toast, cereal.) Just to let you know, you can purchase sausage, bacon, or other items for an extra charge, although we never did. We got a rate of about $125 a night and I thought that was good for being in such a great location. I thought that the staff was great, they gave us directions several times and even extended our checkout time. I would stay here again when in San Diego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western