“Love the Best Western PLUS Hacienda Hotel”

Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel Old Town
Ranked #68 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, United States
“Love the Best Western PLUS Hacienda Hotel”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was a business trip. I was tired and hungry and just wanted to get to my room and was hoping it was a descent room but I was so pleasantly surprised that I want to return to the Hacienda just to experience it again. I loved my room, it was so clean, smell great, enjoyed the restaurant, the layout of the Hacienda...magnificent, the Old Town San Diego so close by. Also I love plants and I absolutely loved all the plants - everywhere and they were taken care of. I want to come back with my husband so we can enjoy the Hacienda Hotel in San Diego.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ryanaguinaldo, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Hacienda Hotel Old Town, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I will let our landscape team know their work was appreciated. It is our rooms, service and garden like setting that brings guests like you back again and again for work or leisure. Please let me know if you ever need any assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We recently atended a family reunion in San Diego and rented 3 rooms at this hotel. We had stayed there previously and enjoyed the location and view. The hotel filled our needs and were very attentive. Noteworthy was the customer service by Emily and the front desk staff. We had cribs placed in two rooms for our granddaughters. The rooms were clean, well appointed and large. We had a large balcony in front of our rooms which we used for gathering the family. One suggestion for the hotel is to have one of the units like Bldg. 300 be declared a no smoking zone. The rooms were non smoking but the tables on the balcony had ashtrays. This is bad since I suffer from COPD and am very allergic to second hand smoke. Otherwise our stay was very pleasant. Thank you BW staff and management for making our stay a very memorable stay.

Room Tip: Bldg. 600 has the best views.
1 Thank MannyinFlorida
Thank you very much for staying with us again and posting this excellent review! Your suggestions are being considered as well. We want all guests to have a perfect experience.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Family and I stayed 2 nights and had a great time. Staff was friendly and helpful, grounds were immaculate and well looked after. Our room, albeit on the small side (for my preference), was comfy and clean, was in the "800" building, somewhat separate from the rest of the complex. That was fine as my sons and I enjoyed wandering about through various corridors, and plazas, discovering a fountain here, a fresco there. Our building was close to the Tequila Factory restaurant (partnered w/ BWHOT), which made walking to the complimentary (w/ our particular booking) breakfast a nice uphill walk to start the day. (Breakfast was good also. Nothing fancy.. Nice outside patio w/ great view too) Turns out, there's an elevator which runs from the restaurant back in to the hotel grounds, and dumps out on the 3rd floor if I remember correctly. As noted, this place is sprawling over a hillside and has numerous levels. When we go back, we'll request a room on the "300" building I think. It seemed to have larger accommodations available and also great views facing out onto the city and/or bay. Lemme' say this about the location; in visiting SD over 30 years, I'd only visited Old Town maybe once for dinner w/ a family friend. I had no idea there was as much to do as there is.. Our sons enjoyed panning for gold and viewing fossils in the mineral shop. They made (dyed anyhow) their own candles at the candle shop, watched a blacksmith do his thing at the forge. Heck, they had a great time just climbing on the huge, old trees in the "park" closed to vehicle traffic, in the middle of all the retail, and dining options. We agreed we could've easily spent another 2 nights there just to discover all Old Town has to offer. Getting to any of the beaches was simple and quick too, as the location is central to all of the coast points, and downtown too.

3 Thank daniel s
Old Town makes a fantastic San Diego home base for this very reason. There is so much to do and see all within walking distance of the Best Western PLUS Hacienda Hotel Old Town. Thanks for these excellent tips for travelers and families!
San Martin, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I felt like I was at a resort, but our room was very disappointing:( it was next to garbage pick up! Every morning I was awoke to loud garbage truck! 4:39,5:30 7::00 we stayed 3 nights? Our room very dated and small:( walked to see if other rooms were nicer, they were! So u might get a nicer one? Was not worth the cost!:(

Room Tip: Walk around to view them if possible?
1 Thank Marie S
We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations! Please reach out to Dean Featherstone (our Asst. Front Office Manager) or myself so we can help you choose the best room for your travel needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice to get off work and feel like you are at a resort. Wife came down during a weekend I stayed for work and she fell in love with the Hacienda. She ended up calling a friend from close by in San Diego and the two of them stayed on the property all day. They did not want to leave.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

What a compliment! I am so pleased your wife had a great time just enjoying our hotel and grounds. We look forward to your next visit!
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Beautiful hotel - great breakfasts on site - asked for quiet room, was given room away from main hotel up steep hill - no pool access no play area for children. We are in our 70's and this was quite hard on us. They should notify people of location prior to booking - we booked 6 weeks in advance.

1 Thank joycepresler
I am very disappointed to read your review. Please accept our apologies for misunderstanding your preferences. We make every effort to accommodate our guests but in your case, we clearly missed the mark. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if another stay in San Diego is called for. I will personally see to your room assignment. Thanks again for staying with us.
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I like this hotel because while most hotels are all the same (hallways, same kinds of service, rooms, etc), this hotel is on the side of a hill and has a plaza with all rooms opening to fresh air. As long as you don't get a room on the far side (away from the beach), you'll most likely be happy. Has a beautiful courtyard.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for highlighting our unique layout. Our property has several courtyard areas with tables, gardens and fountains for guests to enjoy. Your recommendation to travelers is appreciated!