“Clean and Quiet”

Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel
Ranked #94 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This Best Western is a good choice for a stopover, but not for a vacation. We needed to be in the area for business, so it was a convenient place to sleep. Very busy location in San Diego, but as another reviewer has stated, you can't hear the road noise - very quiet.

The breakfast is okay (cold cereal, white and wheat bread for toast, muffins, scrambled eggs and sausage, waffle maker, juice, coffee, tea), but nothing to write home about. Yogurt and boiled eggs would be a welcome addition. There is a Carl's Jr right next door, so you can go over there for breakfast.

The best part of this motel is that it is clean! The carpet was barefoot clean! It is an old motel, but it has been kept up and kept clean and tidy.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room. Sometimes the elevator doesn't work.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. We take pride in the service we give and do our best to give the cleanest and comfortable rooms we can. I am thrilled that you found your stay with us "clean and quiet". Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We hope to have you return and stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stay here everytime I come to the area. Sometimes the hours I arrive are early or unplanned answer everytime they are accommodating. I love that the beds are insanely comfortable and despite being right off a busy road, you can't hear the road noise. I'm definitely returning this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Elle Stewart,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoy staying at our property. I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for allowing others to know of your experience. Thank you for your loyalty and for choosing Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I didn't stay here. the place looks decent from the outside, but the inside....well, I never got that far.
first, I entered the front desk area to have 2 men behind the desk. One just standing there, the other answering the phone...over and over the phone rang. he wasn't very plesant to the callers either. and after getting off the phone, he would mock and make fun of them. from the TV not working to the faucett leaking to the front door lock not working. his answer seemed to be "maintenance isn't here, I can't do anything." really?? after about 10 mi9nutes, he got to me.
I asked for any room, I'm not picky. he said sure we have one for ya...then I mentioned the corporate card I travel for business on and was told, he would see if he had a room.(card is for discounted rates like AAA) I then mentioned that I had a rewards number I wished to use and he handed me back the rewards card and said that the rewards points would not be awarded on discounted rates. (I have received rewards points on EVERY hotel I checked into with this same card including BW plus, Holiday inn, comfort/quality...every one! ) he then answered the phone again and interupted our conversation without even saying "excuse me" or anything...and after a
few minutes of being ignored I left and told them i would find another hotel that was friendlier.
I went a little farther toward the jobsite and got a room at another Best Western in Santee...where they are friendly and I really liked the empolyees and the location. (and I got the reward points like I have at all other hotels.)
these guys were jerks, and I would rather sleep in my car than stay here. I will never stop here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bernie D
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on May 4.
When I checked my hotel receipt when I got home, I noticed there was a $1.00 added for "safe charge".
I don;t use the safe in hotels. I don't bring valuables when I travel.
When I called customer serives, this specific hotel charges for the room safe whether you use it or not.
I've never seen a "safe charge" before so I didn't expect it.
That was disappointing.

JQ
Los Angeles, CA

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jquinio
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Exceptional service from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. I liked the fact it's close to the highway. Hotel was clean and quiet. Almost cancelled d/t reviews I read after making my reservation. I'm very glad I didn't.

Room Tip: Got a ground floor and was very happy with it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Best Western San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased to hear that your experience with us was "exceptional". We work hard to give the best service and quality to all of our guests and I am so happy you took notice. We hope to have you stay with us again soon! Thank you for choosing Best Western.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at BW Miramar for 7 nights and loved it. The location is perfect..it is about 20 minutes to all major attractions. The hotel was excellent and quite peaceful location. The service and customer service was great and breakfast was food. Only suggestions, if they could have some change in breakfast everyweek in cereal variety. The manager and staff are both very helpful and knowledgeable.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing the pool on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear guest,
I am so pleased to read that your stay at the Best Western Plus Miramar San Diego was such "excellent and quite peaceful". We are so fortunate to be located so centrally to all attractions that our beautiful city has to offer and I am overjoyed that you were able to enjoy that. It is gratifying as well that our complimentary breakfast was pleasing to you and your party. We strive to serve our guest as best as we can in all aspects. Thank you for choosing Best Western and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My family stayed here for a few days while visiting relatives and i've never been disappointed with Best Western. The room was big and clean. The location was great. My kids loved the breakfast also. I'd return here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Solomon,
I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a stay with "excellent service". We strive to give the highest level of service along with the best possible quality of rooms to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Miramar San Diego, we appreciate your loyalty to the brand and hope to see you and your family soon when visiting relatives again.