“Great place to stay.”

Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel
Ranked #92 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is a great place to stay. It's centrally located, is neat and clean and inexpensive. I loved being close to eating places and shopping, and not having to deal with much traffic. I would recommend this hotel because of the bargain price and more than adequate rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased that our hotel has been so accommodating to your needs. We love to hear what our guests have to say about our property. We hope to have you continue staying with us!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I'm a returning guest from Hawaii and I really enjoy my stay here at BWM..the rooms was nice new furnitures upgraded TV its great ..thanks to Mr.Manu Patel for assisting me on all my needs especially on my reservations ..keep up d good work..

• Stayed: August 2013
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your continued stays with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased to hear that your experience with has been consistent. We love to hear what our repeat guest have to say about staying with us. We will see you soon! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I've had my fair share of stays in budget-minded, no-frills motels/hotels, but I must say that this place was the best so far. The Plus in Best Western Plus really does make all the difference.

Upon arriving, we were quickly able to find a parking spot. The property itself exuded safety and cleanliness, with its brown hues and well-kept grounds. I felt comfortable. There was one young asian woman at the front desk who was there for both our check-in and check-out. I remember I had to wait a little longer on both occasions since she was the only one there, but nonetheless, she was polite and accommodating.

She asked us if we wanted a room on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level and we had replied that it didn't really matter. She set us up on the 2nd interior, which overlooked the pool/jacuzzi area. It was a central point. I noticed that all the rooms had doormats, which was a nice touch.

We had booked a double queen. The wooden bed paneling with accompanying reading lamps made the room pleasant and inviting. One note I must add is the noise we encountered. Maybe it was just our neighbors (which had around 10+ people), but we could hear them each time they entered/exited their room. That was my only complaint about this place. It's close to the freeway, but you can't hear traffic at all, just noisy neighbors. Also, both microwave and refrigerator are included in the rooms, as well as a coffee maker, which you won't really need because -

There is a full complimentary breakfast served by the office every morning from 6 to 9! This was definitely the HIGHLIGHT of this hotel. Free food is always a plus, especially if it's not just strictly continental. There were scrambled eggs, sausages, mini waffles (which you make yourself with one of the two wafflemakers), toast and pastries, a variety of cereals, fruit, yogurt, a coffee and tea station, and a juice station serving up some OJ or apple juice. It's quite a selection for a budget hotel. A young mexican man steadily refilled the warm foods and was helpful in getting me started on how to use the wafflemaker. Though the serving room is quite small, there is also some seating outside. Or you could always go back to your room or sit out by the pool.

Overall, the four of us had a delightful experience. Its location is about 15-20 minutes to all the tourist spots. We hit up Old Town for dinner and did the SD zoo the next day. Be sure to ask if they provide any discounts, because we had stumbled upon $4 off coupon each for the zoo in their pamphlet area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I love to hear what guests have to say about the property and how their experience was. I am so pleased that your stay was such a "delightful experience". We strive to offer the best service to our guests and the best quality rooms as well. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar, we hope to have you return and stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for serval time and every time I am happy with my stay. I seen lots of improvement in last two years. I like to stay top floor and they have two elevetor is good for my old legs. Breakfast is good, belguim waffle, eggs, sousages, fruits and cereals is good enough to start my day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review, it lets travelers learn about our hotel. I have to say I love to hear from guests that stay with us very regularly. I am extremely pleased that your stay with us has been consistent and improving over the years. I appreciate your loyalty to Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar, and we hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

The location is convenient to attractions. We went to the Sea World and then took less than 30 minutes to the hotel. The staff was nice and let us choose our preferred room. We took the 3rd floor and it was quiet at night. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. I recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Not enough parking to accommodate paying customers. Breakfast area was too small and crowded, and could not keep up with the amount of guests. A little more detail could be paid to the cleaning of the rooms. This place is next to Miramar air base, so there are a lot of Military personnel there on business. It was still quiet for the amount of guests, but far from attractions. Not really any good restaurants, but a lot of trendy shops on the Bvld. Price could have been better for what we got.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

stayed for 3 days and staff was caring, room was clean every day, breakfast was good but parking is limited. Location in middle of San Diego and very good excess to free way 15. La Jolla and down town is just 15 mins. drive. We visited Sea World, SD ZOO and Safari park and this hotel is right in center of all this attraction.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear guest,
I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a "perfect stay". We are so fortunate to be located right of the highway and to be equally distance to so much that our beautiful city has to offer , and that you were able to take advantage of that. We hope to have you stay with us again when you are in town and thank you for staying at the World's largest hotel chain!