“The Service was Great”

Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel
Ranked #92 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Best Western San Diego/ Miramar was a pleasant and peaceful experience. It is located close to Miramar Marine Corp Air Station and close to freeways. We were very impressed with the service and attention we received from the entire staff. The breakfast was delicious and the pool/spa area was very clean. Despite the painting and remodeling on one side, it was quiet after work hours.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Best Western Plus Miramar. We are so happy to hear that the “service was great”. We strive to work hard in providing exceptional quality service and are glad we were able to accomplish just that. We are also happy to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for reviewing our property. We hope to see you during your next visit to San Diego. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I don't usually like to complain about rooms, since I'm not booking at a top hotel. Just looking for a place to sleep on the road, but I don't recommend this place even for that. They charge an extra $1 per day (plus tax) for the room safe whether you use it or not. And they don't tell you that until you are checking out, it just shows up on your bill. The check-in clerk the first night was quirky and nice but the other staff throughout our four night stay were not very unfriendly. Housekeeping started knocking on doors to clean the rooms at 7:30 each morning. We were getting ready to leave about 8:30 one morning, loading stuff for our day trip. The maid asked me if I wanted them to skip cleaning our room for the day, since we were next in line and we weren't gone yet. The hot food served for breakfast was marginal. After the first morning, I just went with the cereal or skipped it altogether. Wouldn't stay here again, wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was by far the most unkeep Best Western we have ever stayed in. Not only was there garbage under the bed, there was debri on the floor in the bathroom, rugs were dirty, bath tub did not drain. Simply horrible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. We also appreciate your feedback as it is valuable to us. Thank you also for bringing up your concerns. Guests like you only make our job easier to address the items to our staff immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay and we hope you reconsider and stay with us in the future. Thank you again for reviewing the Best Western Plus Miramar.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We traveled from Northern California to San Diego for a state Harley Owners Group event. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice. Eggs, sausage, waffles, assortment of pastries and breads, juices, etc. Very filling to start the day off. In the evening, we would relax by the pool and socialize. Staff was friendly and provided options for our various requests and questions. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your stay at the Best Western Plus Miramar. We are so happy to hear that our staff was “very accommodating and friendly.” We strive to work hard in providing exceptional quality service and are glad that you took notice. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are glad that you took advantage of that. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and staying with us during your visit to San Diego. We appreciate you recommending our hotel and we hope to see you in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

So as you can tell from my previous reviews, I am a frequent guest here. Usually stay every two weeks for a weekend. For one, rate def got a major hike for summer time, which I was okay with, considering. However, pool got dirtier as summer progressed, rooms cleaned less thoroughly, parking became a def hassle, no ice on the bottom floor machine during my whole stay. After staying there every two weeks for about a year now, I got 86'd!! Someone stole one of my room keys while at a party & apparently there was a raucous that I knew nothing about until the next day. Keep in mind, this came on the heels of me complaining 3 times during the same stay (about the above) when I had never complained before. Apparently the new front desk person, who is not very efficient may I add (don't remember his name, but is only male at front desk), didn't appreciate it & I got cut. I have easily thrown a grand or more at this hotel. Oh well, I guess that's what loyalty gets ya. Hotel next door, here I come...lol.

Room Tip: I'd be scared of catching something if they don't clean that pool SOON!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for investing some time in reviewing our hotel. We also appreciate you bringing up your concerns to our attention. Guests like you only make our job easier to address the items and fix them. To hear what has happened to you is very upsetting. What you experienced is the exception and not the rule for the kind of service we provide. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and please know that your issues are being addressed with our staff so that we are able to improve our guest service to future guest. Again, I thank you for bringing this review to my staffs attention and hope that you will re-consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were absolutely satisfied. The front desk was very helpful and our room was very clean. I would definitely stay there again. We were not far from Seaworld. we had a good experience with this hotel. I was happy and had no problems and very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Maria,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased that your stay with us was a success! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope to have you and your family return and stay with us again! Best Regards from everyone at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is a great place to stay. It's centrally located, is neat and clean and inexpensive. I loved being close to eating places and shopping, and not having to deal with much traffic. I would recommend this hotel because of the bargain price and more than adequate rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Best Western Plus San Diego Miramar. I am so pleased that our hotel has been so accommodating to your needs. We love to hear what our guests have to say about our property. We hope to have you continue staying with us!