“Just Average”

Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel
Ranked #85 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for two days in early November and our stay was exceedingly average. Bay view rooms appeared to be the best choice but we soon found out they had a lot of noise from the busy road the hotel sits on. The in room internet was very slow. Staff was professional but not particularly friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim B
seacap, General Manager at Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to share about your latest hotel experience here at the BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautiful Harbor View rooms as they are truly the largest, most deluxe room type we have and clearly highlight our beautiful scenic area here in Point Loma, San Diego. I understand you had some noise issues and I just wanted to share with you that we do have sound machines available as well as ear plugs at the front desk which is noted in the guest directory on the desk in all guest rooms. I apologize you didn't see this and that we weren't able to offer these extra amenities to you as that could have improved your stay and sleep as those rooms do face the street and Harbor. I also hope you choose to stay with us again because our staff is noted daily for their superior customer care and service by most guests and I would like you to experience that which we are known for. I will be sharing this feedback with them, however so we can always work on impressing and improving our customer service with each and very guest. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hotel had excellent access to get around the city of San Diego as well as the airport and the cruise terminal.The only negative thing I would have to say is the internet was very slow if you were able to get on it. I would still recommend it and stay if we were in the area in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have always stayed at the Yatch Harbor when in San Diego, and wrote excellent reports because they deserved it. This time, a couple a flaws; one was the bed, horrible, felt like a hammock, laid on the edge, and rolled to the center, you had to fight your way uphill to get to the edge. Breakfast, coffee and items were not replaced constant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hector P
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Friday night just after 2am a party bus arrived at hotel for what appeared to be a pit stop so everyone could use the bathroom. Bus idled for over 20 minutes with loud offensive music and drunk swearing before I went down to complain.

When I went down to complain to front desk - I was told "they are just leaving" now 15 minutes later the bus is still idling. Having worked in the hotel industry I do know the front desk could ask the driver to turn off the vehicle or leave. I even pointed out to desk staff that the people were smoking drugs down the hall .... And got a "you can call the police if you have your own phone".

Will not recommend hotel to anyone with children for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather O
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Only minor complaints by my wife...comfort of the bed and timeliness of refreshing the room on day 2. Wish we would have had a better view. NBD. Everything else was top of the mark. Good restaurants in walking distance.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We found a bed bug on the blanket of the bed just as we were about to get in bed for the night. When we reported it the desk clerk lacked concern. He said they could change our room. I asked if they would find us another hotel. There were several hotels around. He called the manager and then told us that she would not let him use a "walk letter". When I told him to call the manager and say that was not acceptable, he said that the manager told him not to call her back and he said that she was pretty pissed that he had called in the first place. We ended up checking out. When I said that I trust they would not charge us for the night, he said he could not speak to that and that I would have to call the manager...the one that did not want to be bothered. Given the holiday weekend, were unable to find another hotel, so we had to drive home from San Diego to Los Angeles, in the middle of the night. We took pictures of the bed bug and also put it in a small plastic bag and gave it to the desk clerk. He did not even want to touch the bag! I cannot believe that they treat their customers this way. I will never stay in a Best Western ever again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Linda K
seacap, Manager at Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for your response and first I would like to apologize for the communication that occurred between you and the front desk agent assisting you. I think it is clear from my management responses below to both positive and negative reviews, that I care very much about communicating with my guests and trying to help/solve any guest satisfaction situation. I understand that you felt the situation wasn't dealt with appropriately once I was contacted, and I apologize for that as I wish I was at the property when this all happened, but it was a Saturday night at 11:30pm and I was off. Our property is monitored for any bed bug activity on a monthly basis and preventative treatment is administered. I was able to confirm Monday that there is in fact no activity present in that room and a cross check was done on rooms above, next to, and below which is the industry standard. I apologize once again for the miscommunication that occurred as I did answer the phone to learn the situation and try to provide some kind of help, however, you let the agent know that moving to an other room was not an option. I hope you choose to return for another stay to experience all of the wonderful things we have to offer and the superior customer service we are known for, as noted in the many positive reviews below.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is an OK hotel near the San Diego Airport. It is an average hotel in every way. Clean, and pretty basic. A good place to stay before or after a flight. It is a reasonably priced hotel and does include breakfast. We were able to park our car in a covered garage while we were on our trip. The hotel shuttle only runs from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. On our return flight, we had to take a taxi to the hotel at a cost of $15.00. It is only a short distance from Old Town San Diego.

1  Thank Moonstone07