I have to admit, thanks to the mixed reviews, we were a little unsure about this place, so we tried to keep our expectations low. We decided to stay because of its close proximity to Old Town San Diego and the Qualcomm stadium. When we arrived, the hotel staff immediately greeted us, we checked in without any hassle and they gave us a pass for the parking garage. We couldn't find the entrance to the lobby from the parking garage so we had to go around, but once in the lobby, we noticed a door next to the elevator that led to the parking garage. I really think that should be clearly marked but oh well it was no big deal. They gave us a room on the 6th floor with a nice view of the harbor. The room was nice and clean for the most part. We did notice a slight odor, probably from cleaning products, but we just opened the sliding door to the balcony to air out the room and it was gone after that. The bed was really comfortable. I noticed the noise from traffic outside that everyone is complaining about but it didn't really bother me. My wife is a heavy sleeper so she didn't care either. In the morning we got ready and went down to the breakfast room. I recommend going before 7:00 because that little room gets really crowded, really fast. They do have an extra overflow room but its just as small. The breakfast was nothing to rave about, just some little cheese omelets, country potatoes, toast, waffles, bagel's and some other pastries. There was no bacon or sausage which was kind of a bummer. Maybe I was too early. We only stayed for one night, so I cant say much about the pool or the gym. But anyways, we had a good experience and will probably come back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Harbor views and a great location. New owners have completed millions of dollars in renovations including exterior and public areas and significant room upgrades. With new Sealy mattresses, new drapes and shears, upgraded linens and towels, new bath fixtures and fresh colors on the walls we think you will enjoy our new look and feel in our rooms. Still to come - new furniture and televisions and new meeting rooms. We have smaller budget minded rooms and larger harbor and pool view rooms. Something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Posada San Diego
- Best Western Yacht Harbor San Diego
- Best Western San Diego