“More than expected”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Simi Valley
“More than expected”
Reviewed 29 January 2010

My husband & I stayed here right after christmas (just to get away). We searched for a good hotel but everything was either way too expensive or booked already. We searched through the Room Saver (which you can find at any Dennys) and we called around. We decided to stay at this hotel because the price was okay and the rooms were not too bad. The average rate was $80 and the room was clean. We decided to order room service, and it came pretty fast. We were overall happy with our stay. It wasn't outstanding, but it was not aweful...

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leilani93063

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I travel quite frequently for business, and my most recent conference happened to be at this hotel. The rooms are clean in typical BW fashion. However, instead of being a more upscale property given the price of rooms and location, they are small. There is hardly any walking room between all the furniture. That wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the bathroom. I am 5'5" and I have to contort my body and "shrink" to take a shower. The shower head hits me in the throat if I walked right up to it.

Other problems I had: one morning I had to take a lukewarm shower as there was not enough hot water left from others who had showered. My fridge froze everything on the warmest setting.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Santa Barbara
Reviewed 8 January 2010

Good deal found online, free parking, pool,jacuzzi, fitness room. It was just a home base for new years eve, as most hotels were charging a ridiculous amount of money for the night. Spent a little under a Grant(Ulysses S) so if you can find it around the same, i'd recommend booking.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
vancouver, bc
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I just returned from San Diego and had a wonderful time. I found the city to be very beautiful and the people quite friendly, including those at the Seven seas. The staff was always very helpful. The grounds of the hotel were quite pretty and well kept and our room was always clean. The room was, however, a bit smaller than expected and I was a tad dissapointed at how far from the pool we were, considering I had emailed the hotel requesting to be closer as I had two small children. One other thing I found to be a little inconvienent was that there was only one plug in for the fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer so you had to unplug one to plug in the other, not a huge deal but strange none the less. The trolley and bus were close by and easy to navigate. My best peice of advice if you stay in this area is try to spend as much time out and about as possible and return to the hotel late as there is not a lot of restatraunts (or anything) around to walk to, and the area was not the kind of place I would walk around at night with kids. (which I found surprising, being it the "hotel circle") Plus, the hotels restaraunt was way overpriced. I did order from one of the flyers I found stuck under my door and it was sooo good. (Im sorry, I cant remember the name, but it was a pizza, pasta place, very reasonable) There is a mini mart down the street but as I mentioned, go there in the day. My husband was followed by some sketchy individuals one night.(same goes for the fashion valley mall, its close to walk, but kind of weird after dark) They have a complimentary shuttle at the hotel which will take you to the attractions, just sign up the day before, but I found most everything to be close enough that a cab wasn't too unreasonable either. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the best western seven seas. Like I mentioned, the staff were great . I do think, however, that if I return to San diego, I would stay somewhere that had more amenities around it, preferably closer to the beach.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 December 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights prior to going on a Holland American Cruise. Room is small, but clean. New comfortable pillow top mattresses, good shower and the air conditioner worked great - what more could you ask for. Ate in the restaurant, food and service very good, prices very reasonable. Front desk was courteous and efficient. Lots of choices of restaurants in the near vicinity. Parked our car there for 15 days during our cruise, paid $129 (that included one night's stay). That is a bargain in San Diego. Felt very secure about leaving the car, although the hotel did request that we leave our car keys with them. They have a little bus that they use to shuttle passengers to/from cruise terminal free. The hotel landscaping is beautiful. Lots of flowering plants, even at the end of November.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed 19 November 2009

We served and paid the hotel through expedia and we stayed there 3 nights. On the morning of second day, we had breakfast in their restaurant and paid the money to the restaurant on site. After we came back and checked our credit card statement, we found they again put the breakfast charge on the room service. I disputed with them, and they told me they have my wife's signature on the check-in form. Every hotel, I think, needs a credit card to check-in. But, that doesn't mean they can put wrong charges on it. The credit card statement also shows the charge I paid to the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Edmlbertaonton A
Reviewed 4 November 2009

san Diego is an expensive city to stay in so this motel on Hotel Circle is a reasonable value. The rooms are a little small,but decent. They are not as clean as could be and have a bit of a musty odor,which is typical of many budget motels in the area. Wi Fi and parking are included and the locatio is good. Staff is for the most part rude or at best indifferent. Overall an OK place to stay but not spend a lot of time at.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo