4,116 results
All reviews casa del mar building blue wave fishing pier navy ships point loma junior suite walking path water view tennis courts hotel restaurant full kitchen hot tub short drive close to the airport sea world coffee maker the san diego area
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We have been coming here for years, and the location, amenities, room, restaurant and STAFF are just wonderful. A Casa Marina room overlooking the yatch clubs and Point Loma is perfect for a glass of wine at sunset, or anytime.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Margery W
Reviewed 7 November 2018

we checked into this hotel late in the evening, only to drop off our belongings and head out into town because we had dinner reservations and engagements. Upon arrival closely to one or 2 AM, we noticed that the shower was used after noticing the towels in disarray, a bar of soap anthem water splashes inside the shower. I must’ve been overlooked I guess. Plenty of noise coming from room next to us it could be clearly heard through the hallway. Out front desk/operator number, no answer after one call. I needed to sleep and my wife was very disappointed given that we were celebrating her birthday. We left before 5am So I had no time to stop by the front desk to make an official

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Spencer P, Manager at Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Joachim,

I'm so very sorry to read about the issues that occurred during your stay with us. I want you to know our team is conducting a full investigation in order to determine what occurred and ensure nothing like this is repeated moving forward. I've also contacted you personally in order to hopefully gain a complete understanding of the problems that took place.

We are totally committed to providing every one of our guests with a clean and comfortable room along with exceptional service from our staff. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not in any way reflect our commitment or our standards of quality. I hope you'll consider giving us another chance the next time you return to San Diego. We'd love to have another opportunity to help you and your wife enjoy an outstanding stay with us.

Spencer Priest
Front Desk Supervisor
(619) 222-0561

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice place with great food! Met and stayed here while participating in the Nautilus Liveaboard trip to Guadalupe Island, Mexico. If you are with this group you get to use the pool and shower while you wait for the bus to pick you up

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank brianweiser
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I loved the ambiance of the Island Palms. Shelter Island is such a peaceful area. You are surrounded by water. The San Diego Bay is all around you, not to mention the beautiful yachts to look at. The Blule Wave restaurant is a hidden gem and happy hour is awesome !

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dthorne1
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Room and amenities were very nice with a very comfortable bed and quiet location. Easy walking distance to Humphrey's concert venue with a wonderful ambience. My early morning walk on Shelter Island was peaceful and the bay view was superb.

Date of stay: October 2018