“Business Trip”

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
Ranked #15 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The location, service, price, and room was great. I have nothing bad to say about this place! Although I was there for a Board Meeting, I felt as if I was on vacation when I went back to the room. It was awesome.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolina Z

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We would like to express our gratitude to all the staff especially Amber Kelly, Director of Catering from the first meeting to the evening of the reception did a magnificent job in bringing our Daughter's Wedding Reception to full fruition and making it so memorable for us and all our Guests. All your staff were so helpful and attentive.The Hotel was very inviting and theBay view was absolutely indescribable!! Thank you so very much, Amber for such a magnificent job!! I would certainly recommend choosing the Catamran for a Wedding Reception!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay are priceless!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Catamaran and was blown away by the room we stayed in. We could step right out to the beach and bay, relax on our patio and could walk to many close destinations in the area. I loved the Polynesian vibe it had and would definitely stay there again. Big thanks to Charlotte Corvi and Melissa Armstrong who helped accommodate our trip!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewHasdal
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the Catamaran last weekend for the first time in a few years and had a wonderful time! I use to work in the Sales department and was able to meet with Charlotte Corvi (Director of Sales) & Melissa Armstrong (Sales Manager). They are absolutely fantastic long term employees that truly make staying at the hotel a treat!

The rooms have been renovated since I worked there last and were lovely to stay in. Very comfortable, the beach front rooms have a view that makes waking up not seem like a chore!
The food is always delicious! I would recommend their happy hour on the bay front or their weekend summer Luaus! I lived in the area before I worked for the hotel and would frequent to their Sunday brunches at Atoll as well. The food is always great and the staff is cheerful and fun!

If you are looking to book a group I would definitely be in contact with them as they truly know how to exceed any expectations! Family trips, weekend get away or just looking for a place with a view while you post up with wifi on the beach. This is the place to go!! The location is excellent and I couldn't say enough good things about the Catamaran and everyone working there. I look forward to visiting again in the near future! :)

Room Tip: The bay front rooms are beautiful. You can literally step out of your room into the sand. The balcon...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Victoria Hartwell for her service oriented preparation of the MACCC Executive Board meeting at the Catamaran. She went beyond the call to accommodate all requests. The suite was the perfect location for the meeting. Many board members commented on the location and how nice it was to work in that environment. Lunch was superb and the hotel staff was extremely professional and attentive. I want to make a special note regarding Hollis Bolar, the banquet manager who helped us throughout the day. He was going back and forth between the restaurant and our suite, making sure that we were not in need of anything. Upon an exhaustive but productive all-day meeting I found myself in a beautiful room right off the sand. Thank you so much for the room selection and wine and cheese. What a fantastic way to spend the early evening. My wife and I sat outside our room enjoying the gift and atmosphere that your hotel has so carefully crafted. Lastly, I would like to say how much I appreciated the level of service that you and the entire staff at the Catamaran offer. It is obvious that service and customer satisfaction are at the forefront of your agenda and I would like to lend testimony to the fact that the service of your staff is top-notch. I am looking forward to our organization’s visit to your hotel in November.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor of the bay are fantastic!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Many thanks to Stephanie Harrison and Kim Gaines for making our March meeting a great success! Attendees and conference manager were very pleased with the service, facilities, and overall experience provided during two days provided by each and every memeber of your team. Thumbs up people! Looking forward to working with you in the future :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very family-friendly in a busy part of southern San Diego between Mission Bay and Mission beach. The back of the hotel opens to the very pretty and quiet Mission Bay where the beautifully landscaped front entrance and drive lead to Mission Boulevard and, ultimately, Mission Bay. Our suite was very spacious with plenty of room to spread out and relax. The kitchen made it feel almost like a small home away from home and the grand window and balcony looking out over the bay was magnificent to wake up to.

But what we loved most about our stay was the landscaping. The lobby has a beautiful fish pond that leads through a glass wall to an outdoor seating area and, beyond, to the bay. Outside, there are more small fish ponds where colorful ducks wade and hope to be fed by passersby (a sign asks you NOT to feed them). Unfortunately, we missed the good weather and the opportunity to see the birds outside but we were able to peek into their indoor space and say 'hello' from a distance. Since you most likely will be walking from your room building to the lobby, restaurant, or parking garage, a nice outdoor space is appreciated!

The only negatives we experienced were few. First, the parking garage does not have an elevator. This made getting things to the room awkward (think strollers and carrying bags). Second, the front desk staff was a little aloof and not very friendly. The most memorable hotel stays are the ones that feel special and the front desk staff did not make us feel particularly welcome.

All in all, it is a very lovely hotel that is an escape from the busy neighborhood surrounding it.

Stayed: February 2014