Pros: The room was very clean and the beds were comfy. The tiki vibe, proximity to the bay & ocean, the food, the price. Great setting.
Cons: The overall condition of the resort. The hallways were dank with old carpeting, ceiling tiles falling apart, and the aging elevators took forever.
Location: The bay and the beach. 10 min to the Zoo, 30 min to Legoland, 5 mins to the orca torture park, SeaWorld.
We went for a quick trip from Los Angeles, 2 adults and 2 kids. The hotel is great for the little ones, right on the bay and near the ocean. It has a tiki feel, complete with a lava rock waterfall in the lobby, parrots, koi ponds, and lush gardens. We were pleasantly surprised by food in the dining room. It was excellent, far better than we expected. Although it was a bit pricey (and the decor of the dining room was straight out of the 80s) our dishes were exceptional. Hats off to the chef. We went to the pool at the end of the day and it was very crowded. And if someone from the Catamaran is reading this, can you please tell the guests in the pool (adults and kids) who are hurling footballs back and forth to knock it off? It makes the pool nearly unusable for everyone else. Thank you. During happy hour on the patio, the tables were dirty and we had to bus our own table. Trash was on the ground blowing all over. Although the food was good and our waitress was nice, they seemed understaffed. If you're unfamiliar with San Diego do some research before booking in Pacific Beach. It's not the touristy part of San Diego. If you're looking for family friendly restaurants and sightseeing, try Mission Bay or downtown. PB has a very "locals" vibe to it which is both good and bad. Overall we'd stay here again due to the great price, proximity to the beach & bay, and food. A nice resort getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk,Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego