Celebrated a birthday for 5 days here. The location is 10/10. Quiet bay, path in front with walkers, joggers, bikers etc. right between hotel and bay - great people watching. Across street from busier but fun mission boardwalk. The hotel is nice - we had ground level room where we could walk right out to the beach. Loved it. Ate in restaurant one night - my opinion - over priced for quality of food. Plus, there are so many places around to choose from within walking distance, you won't go hungry! pool and jacuzzi nice - wish bar in pool area was open in evening. Grounds are gorgeous - meticulous! Air conditioner leaked in closet in our room and got all of our hanging clothes wet - not fun . Maintenance fixed the AC next morning. Inconvenience and not much of a response from the hotel. Also - ground floor roooms with patio furniture is not evenly distributed and 4 calls to the office asking for patio chair etc. got us nowhere. We borrowed neighbors chair after they moved out. Location is great though - you'll like this place.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk, Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego