“Appreciation”

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a great experience. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to stay on this property for a week. From the start with the greetings from Ryan. ( so friendly) to the front desk. I want to thank
Rachel and Kyle, they took the time to check me in and answered all my question in a very professional manner. All of the wait staff in the dining area were the best. The room was always clean when I arrived back in the evenings.
Again, Catamaran staff, thank you for a wonderful stay. Your training is the best of the class. Catamaran Management, my stay will be shared with all my farmer-rancher friends in Montana.
Dean McGinnis, Billings, Montana.

Room Tip: The view from the 10 th floor was spectacular.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean M
Write a ReviewReviews (4,167)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Catamaran patio area last week! I had some work to do so I brought out my laptop and my server Dawn was so sweet and polite. She asked me multiple times if I was doing okay and brought out my cider quickly. Catamaran is lucky to have her! Thank you for making my short visit a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was an awesome place to stay.. Food was excellent. Our waitress for Breakfast was Denise and she was incredible. They need 10 more just like her. They kept our room really clean. The parrots were a neat audition. What more can I saw. Awesome!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the bay are awesome
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our wedding at Catamaran could not have gone any better!!! From the ceremony on the North Lawn, to the cocktail hour, to the Boardroom (reception area) – everything looked so beautifully set up - it was better than I could have ever imagined it!! Sylvia - our venue coordinator - was SO patient throughout the whole planning process, always prompt to answer my million emails and questions, providing much-needed guidance and suggestions… even finding my lost bridesmaid the day of the wedding when I was just about to lose it! LOL! The catering manager was also wonderful during reception: she kept checking in with us to make sure we were doing okay drink and food wise, she even brought us food from the cocktail hour to try since we were busy having our pictures taken right after the ceremony – and let me tell you, the food was absolutely DELICIOUS! Not to even mention the amazing/complimentary Bridal Suite w/ the most AMAZING view, and the food and champagne that waited for us in our room on the night of our wedding – it ALL made our Big Day that much more special!!! So now, every time someone asks me how our wedding went, I can’t help but smile from ear to ear b/c I truly feel like it was PERFECT!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sonja K
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was the MOST amazing place. I went to college in San Diego and I fell in love all over again with Mission Bay. We did specifically request a room on the first floor bordering the bay and this made our stay even better. The other reviews stated that the rooms were on the older side, but we loved the room. We loved that the room was nice and BIG! The service was great all around at the hotel. We also loved being able to walk to lunch and dinner. The buffet breakfast on Sunday was the best buffet we have EVER been to. We plan to come back and stay again for my birthday.

Room Tip: Pay extra to stay on the first floor with bay view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank csophgo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We loved staying at the Catamaran Resort, and we felt like we were in Hawaii. The facility, especially the grounds, is well-maintained, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor view of the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Jocalyne your front desk lead really stepped up for us and moved our room to bay view. No charge. My wife and I really appreciated her attentiveness to our needs . Rent a boat. The guys at the rental shack are great and explain all of the watercraft . Larry is the bell captain at the resort. He unpacked and packed us up two times due to the room change. Clean pressed clothes attentive and well knowledgable of the resorts lush pond fish birds etc. thank you Jocelyn's and Larry made our trip memorable. Great rooms.

Room Tip: Patience and politeness go a long way. Bay view second floor wow!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple