Sunday brunch at the Catamaran gives you the opportunity to enjoy an incredible meal and take in some of the most scenic views of Mission Bay, and at $50 a person it is probably the best value in the entire city for what it offers.
Parking is free and convenient on the streets around the adjacent residential area. We made the five minute walk along the bayside boardwalk and arrived at the restaurant which is located on the back of the resort, overlooking Mission Bay.
We were greeted promptly by the friendly staff and seated on the patio that provides 180 degree views of the entire bay. Our server Freddie was polished and professional and took the time to clearly highlight the brunch menu and the location of the different stations.
Even though it all looked wonderful, there was no way we could try one of everything, so we gorged ourselves on fresh sushi, oysters on the half shell, various smoked salmons, crab, prime rib, lamb, gourmet bacon, eggs Benedict, sashimi, and French toast. There is definitely something for every pallet and diet, so take a glance at the hotel website to see a complete sample menu.
The artisan dessert tower is not to be missed, so make sure you at least leave room for bread pudding and carrot cake.
Even though the food and drinks left us beyond content, the most satisfying part of the experience was the attention that the our server and the other two members of management (Ashley and Carson) gave to us throughout the meal. We felt special and will certainly be back to enjoy another fabulous brunch and day at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa is a paradisiacal destinationon the shores of Mission Bay and mere steps from San Diego’s famous Pacific Beach. Featuring lush tropical gardens and a private beach, this Polynesian-themed hotel offers 310 guest rooms, studios or suites, each with a private balcony or patio. On-site amenities include signature restaurant Oceana Coastal Kitchen, featuring a surf and turf menu and a patio lined with tiki torches, fire pit tables and lush palms, and the Catamaran Spa, the only beachfront spa in San Diego. Additional activities include bicycle and water-sport rentals and the beach towns of Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, featuring a beachside boardwalk,Crystal Pier and a variety of cafés and boutiques. The Catamaran is conveniently located within 10 miles of major attractions including SeaWorld,the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catamaran Resort & Spa San Diego
- Catamaran Hotel Mission Bay
- Catamaran Resort San Diego
- Catamaran San Diego