Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area
  • Breakfast included
US$399
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$493
US$435
Hilton.com
US$236
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$209
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$220
US$333
US$224
US$251
US$190
  • Room Service
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$165
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast roomsea worldhunter steakhousehotel circleold townfree breakfastyogurtfamily suitesofa bedfreeway sidesink areasliding doorhot tubbeds were comfortableshuttle serviceupon checkmission beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here recently for a wedding I was attending at a close by venue. I was trying to decide which hotel closest to the venue was the best bang for my buck, and seeing the pictures of this Comfort Inn compared to the other 2 close by won, but it's very close to the freeway and we could hear loud motorcycles frequently. Also lots of kids, as most of the people are most likely going to Sea World. I originally paid for a king bed and we had to pay more for 2 queens, while the guy behind us had reserved a king and got upgraded to a suite, lucky him! Breakfast was not in hotel lobby, but on 4th floor, back corner and a zoo! Also we never received our meal vouchers upon check-in to give to the lady at the door but thankfully she trusted we were hotel guests. No conditioner provided. Parking $10/night, but street parking is free.

Room Tip: Choose a room farthest from freeway so it's not as loud!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We arrived late tired and hungry, when I tried to order a pizza our phone would not work. The next day no one came to service our room. I was assured it woukd be corrected by the time we got back from dinner, it was not. The hot tub did not work properly and the breakfast room was incredibly loud and crowed. Not to mention the floors are so slick my four year old fell repeatedly. The blankets are itchy and it was loud every night. The elevator will barely hold a family of 5 and is slow.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Because our stay in San Diego was short (we were only there for two days) we decided to choose a hotel that had a shuttle to either the zoo or sea world and skimp on the luxury. We booked this hotel because not only did it have a shuttle to SeaWorld and the zoo but also a shuttle to old town. When we arrived we were greatly surprised to find that our room was amazing, it was newly renovated and very big. The bathroom was massive too. The hotel also had a buffet breakfast that was included in the very low rate. The hotel is quite close to the highway and from our room we didn't hear any highway noise. The staff we extremely helpful, and printed out maps for us when the free computer and printer were being used. The staff who drove the shuttles were wonderful as well. The steak house next door had some really good food. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and I would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room NOT facing the highway and it was recently renovated and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katiebec01
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you Katebec01 for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room spacious and clean. It's great that you were able to utilize our shuttle services to the local attractions. It certainly does help especially if you are un familiar with the area.

We look forward to having you be our guest again in the near future.

Hospitably yours,

Stephanie Downs

Reviewed 16 March 2014

While our room seemed to be cleaned, the hallways were smelly on one floor and littered with bits of trash and spills on another. When I pointed the dirty hallway out to the front desk, housekeeping knocked on the door and the gentleman was very rude. He claimed that the halls had been cleaned earlier in the day, but the same trash was there from the night before. One day later, nothing had changed. I also noticed that the milk dispenser was crusted with dried milk at breakfast.
I would have overlooked the uncomfortable beds, lack of any seating in the room, bizarre parking lot and $11/day parking charge if staff had actually seemed concerned about cleanliness. When I give someone a chance to correct a problem and am treated rudely, there is no excuse.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tlMomTraveler
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice. We enjoyed our stay with the exception that it took 40 minutes to get 3 towels. Overall the room cleanliness was good however, the shower was filled with mildew and the restroom walls were dirty with something that appeared to be blood.

The front desk ladies could be more friendly and welcoming, maybe a smile would be nice.
I'd say our stay was ok just because we didn't spend much time in the hotel.

Location is good but there's definitely better hotel options around the same area.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you Glendy22 for your feedback. I apologize that your room was not up to our standards during your stay. I will be sure it is looked into so no one else has to experience this.

I hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

I hope that you give us another opportunity to service you and your family in the future.

Hospitably yours,