Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast roomsea worldhunter steakhousehotel circleold townfree breakfastyogurtfamily suitesofa bedfreeway sidesink areasliding doorhot tubbeds were comfortableshuttle serviceupon checkmission beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We came down for a last minute adventure to San Diego and decided to find a room once we got here. Unfortunately there was a convention happening, so all the hotels were rather pricey. This hotel quoted us $135 for a room with 2 full beds. So when the desk attendant told me it would be $167 I was surprised. Turns out they charge $10 for parking!!! Why are you charging me to park at your establishment when I've just paid you to rent a room? That's ridiculous!!
Otherwise, the room is very nice and renovated. The pool area is great, as it has a large pool, plus a 1 foot deep pool for smaller kids, and a jacuzzi. Overall the experience was good, but I wouldn't come back simply because of having to pay to park.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank LaurenPink
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in May and upgraded to the Kids Suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and we loved it. The hotel was oldish but everything was very clean and comfortable. The pool was nice and warm and had plenty of room to splash around and play. Several times we had to request more towels for the pool area and the staff always brought them out very promptly. The Hunters Steakhouse out the front of the hotel was very handy and served delicious meals, they also deliver to your room for very reasonable prices. The beds were very comfortable and the room had a great kids area that could be closed off from the main bedroom, both rooms had tvs and cable as well. Would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hi StephanieH,

I am so glad to hear that you were able to stay with us an enjoy one of our "Kids Suites" they are definitely a hit with all the families. We recently upgraded our bedding package so I am glad that you found it comfortable as I know how important a good night's rest is when on vacation.

We look forward to having you be our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose this hotel as we were travelling in a large family group with children and this hotel was one of only a handful that offered a seperate room with large bunkbeds in it. It was totally awesome. There was still room for our bags and a large Flat screen TV and desk and chair in the bunk room as well. It has a sliding door with curtains on it to close off the room and then in the next room was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. After flying up from NZ via Hawaii I thought I was just exhausted but everyone in our group agreed the beds were super comfortable. This hotel is right by the freeway so there is no view, but the other qualities and price we felt overrode this problem.

The hotel pool was awesome and also the hot tub. We had a free breakfast included in our stay and the kids loved making their own waffles in the morning. The range was unbelivable. There was egg and sausage, toast, cereal, pastries, bagels it went on and on, it was fantastic.

Overall it was a great stay and if you are looking for accomodation for a family this is the place for you, as long as you don't mind being right by the freeway.

Room Tip: If travelling with children get a room with the bunkbeds in a seperate room, it was really easy to get the kids to sleep at night and still pack or watch tv in our room without waking them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela L
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and review from your recent stay with us. My TEAM and I are always excited to get feedback from our guests after they depart our hotel regarding their stay with us. It is feedback like this that helps us make improvements where needed and strive to always insure our guests are enjoying themselves and are able to relax on their vacations.

It's great to hear that you and your family were able to book and enjoy one of our "kids suites" they are a favorite for most families. The bunk beds and french doors are a great addition to a normal suite allowing you a separate room feel with out having to pay the price of an additional room.

I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast as well, we try to mix things up and insure to rotate our the hot items daily so that you aren't getting the same thing every day of your stay. So I am glad that this was something that you and your family enjoyed.

We hope that you choose us again on your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The workers at this hotel are great, they are very nice and helpful if you need anything. The hotel itslef needs some updating. The towels and linens in the rooms need to be replaced. The breakfast choices are not that great. Wish there would have been more healthier items to choose from.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank T_wic2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and I am glad that this is what you experienced. We aim to provide a home away from home experience.
I am excited to let you know that we recently updated all our bedding in the hotel to the upgraded Choice Hotels package. We hope you come stay with us again soon so that you can experience this. We are also going to be updating some bathroom items this year.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being able to service you on your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

OK - if you are going to stay at a Comfort Inn - you know you're not going to get luxury and if you have that in mind - you won't be disappointed.

For the price we paid - the rooms and facilities were of far better quality than I expected.

Check in was quick and smooth.

The rooms, whilst dated - were clean and of a good quality given the price we were paying.

Other points to note:

- There is a gym on site - though very small;
- Car parking is charged for, but you can actually park for free on the street behind the hotel;
- San Diego is generally quite quick and easy to get around - and staying at this hotel you're not too far away from any of the main attractions.

The only real disappointment for me was the breakfast - which was included in our rate. Whilst I wasn't expecting gourmet - I was expecting better quality than was actually delivered. Further, the breakfast room got very busy.

Other than that - I can say that my expectations were exceeded, given the price we paid for the rroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank BondFan
Stephanie D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo SeaWorld Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Good Afternoon BondFan,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay. It's always nice to get feedback from our guests regarding their stays. It truly helps us evaluate the property and make necessary changes to help enhance our guests experience.

I apologize that the breakfast was a disappointment for you. I wish that we had more space to be able to utilize but unfortunately we really can't increase the space of the area. As far as the food in breakfast is we try to give our guests what they are asking for. We rotate out our hot items daily so you aren't receiving the same item every day of a multiple day stay.

We hope you choose to try us again on your next visit to San Diego.