I had to go to San Diego Comic Con for press purposes, so I was assigned this hotel via the Con's hotel lottery. While it was a bit of pain getting to the Gaslamp/Convention area in terms of the cost of a cab and/or riding the Con's shuttle, I'd definitely stay here again.
The room was very nice and clean. I brought my family with me and we had plenty of room and never got on each other's nerves LOL!
There's a free breakfast that's OK at best -- I've had much better free breakfasts at other hotels -- but it's far from being "horrible." IMO, I'd go down the road to a breakfast spot if you really desire a "proper" meal.
As someone who likes to workout, there's a very nice little gym available with both cardio and weight machines/weights to use. Also, the room was big enough so that I could workout in my room via one of my workout DVD's. If you're a home workout person, bring your DVDs!
As far as the staff, everyone was awesome and very helpful. We had to get a taxi several times and they were more than happy to do that for us at the front desk. Checking in was a breeze as well.
Negatives? Not many to be honest. The place might be due for a bit of an update aesthetically, but that's really a petty critique. I think it would be nice to have a little bar/lounge/restaurant area right there on the hotel. There is a steakhouse right next to it, but I'm not counting it as part of the hotel. Also, there's NOTHING near good restaurant-wise that doesn't require a bit of a drive.
I will say that there are several delivery food services available -- though most aren't all that great. If it were me, I'd go to Old Town or the Downtown/Gaslamp area if you want to sit down and eat at a "regular" establishment. Also, there's a small grocery/liquor store that will come get you via a shuttle and bring you back to the hotel! That was very awesome.
Bottom line: I recommend this place for families on vacation that have their own means of transportation. If you're in SD for business, like I was, or need to be downtown/Gaslamp, this isn't your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's for a family vacation, a romantic getaway or when you're traveling on business, you can’t beat the friendly service and comfortable accommodations offered at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld. This Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award winner offers a convenient location, excellent service and extra amenities, all backed by our Signature Guarantee. -Located on San Diego’s famous Hotel Circle, 5 minutes to SeaWorld, Zoo, Downtown and San Diego’s world-famous beaches -Five minutes from the new Riverwalk Golf Course and Mission and Fashion Valley Malls -Free deluxe breakfast buffet includes an assortment of pastries and muffins, toast, fresh fruit, choice of hot and cold cereals with milk, espresso, coffee, tea and a variety of juices. -Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area Hotel San Diego
- Comfort Inn Hotel Zoo
- Comfort Inn San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Comfort Inn Suites Zoo
- Comfort Inn Suite Zoo Sea World