The things that I will grant this hotel is that my room was large, my bed was made every day, the room itself was moderately clean, and the water pressure in the shower was good. Still, I will never stay in this hotel - or another Comfort Inn - again. For the price, I expected something more...
The whole place is in desperate need of a makeover. The lighting in my room was extremely poor (dim, old lampshades, etc.). The light over the mirror looked like it dated back to 1976. The fan in the bathroom was unbearably loud.
Every day, I came back to a floor littered with menus that had been slipped under the door, then during the one evening when I was inside the room, three more menus were slipped under the door. These are in addition to the ones scattered in the hallways. Translation: They allow ANYONE to roam through the halls.
Cheap, bargain-basement quality of two most-used traveler items: shampoo and coffee. The "shampoo" is a no-name that only covers a head of short hair AND turns hair to straw (they do not provide conditioner; almost put moisturizer in my hair). The no-name "coffee" with accompanying packets? The dollar-store-type packaging says it all...
Breakfast was 90% carbohydrates, and anything non-carb was inedible. EVERYTHING except the fruit comes from a pre-packaged source. The eggs looked like they were originally powdered, the "gravy" looked gray and had the consistency of glue, the "sausage" patties were hockey pucks of grease. The muffins and pastries looked old every day. Not even the coffee is real. Juices and coffee come from automatic dispensers. On Friday morning, they had run out of some of the hot food by 9:30am.
For the price level, one expects better quality...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's for a family vacation, a romantic getaway or when you're traveling on business, you can’t beat the friendly service and comfortable accommodations offered at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld. This Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award winner offers a convenient location, excellent service and extra amenities, all backed by our Signature Guarantee. -Located on San Diego’s famous Hotel Circle, 5 minutes to SeaWorld, Zoo, Downtown and San Diego’s world-famous beaches -Five minutes from the new Riverwalk Golf Course and Mission and Fashion Valley Malls -Free deluxe breakfast buffet includes an assortment of pastries and muffins, toast, fresh fruit, choice of hot and cold cereals with milk, espresso, coffee, tea and a variety of juices. -Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area Hotel San Diego
- Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area
- Comfort Inn Hotel Zoo
- San Diego Comfort Inn Suites Zoo
- Comfort Inn San Diego Zoo
- Comfort Inn Suite Zoo Sea World