Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town
Ranked #45 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed five nights in business. The property is convenient to the airport and old town.
Room was clean, but smelled like fresh paint, or some kind of solvent. My room faced the freeway, so there was some noise. Nice outdoor patio, pool and spa.
The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was average holiday inn fare.
Overall, the experience was consistent with Holiday Inn Express standards.
I would return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing San Diego Ave are more quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike B
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind comments of Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We are happy to hear that our staff provided great service and that our location was convenient for your stay. We hope to welcome you back again!
Suzy B.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel was great- clean, quiet, convenient. The free shuttle from the airport was nice and breakfast was just enough. The fitness center and pool looked nice, although I didn't use either. I was on the first floor and wasn't aware of much noise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cew08

Thank you very much for staying with us, and sharing your feedback. We appreciate your stay with us and taking the time to give feedback. Hope to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Express Old Town.

Manager Holiday Inn Old Town
Suzy B.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Check in time is 4:00 P.M., but my plane arrived at 12:30 P.M. k meI call the hotel and they had a driver pick me up in 15 minutes. When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by the front desk staff and was told they had a room ready and I could go ahead to my room, They serve a great breakfast, the entire staff is very friendly. I asked Art at the front desk were to eat dinner and he gave me his recommendations and when I decided where I wanted to go he arranged for a driver to take me and told me to call and they would pick me up and return me to the hotel. I could not have been treated any better and I will definitely stay here whenever I return to San Diego and I love old town and all of the history of the past years from the misson to the old town hall and court house.

Room Tip: Ask for Art or Joel and you will deffinately be taken care of and all of your questions or concerns...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rodney_S804
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for your recent comment, we strive to make Holiday Inn Express Old Town, a great hotel experience. Glad you took advantage of our free shuttling, we have knowing to work great for our guest. Our employee Art, are happy to hear that they could be of service to you. I am glad you enjoyed our city of San Diego n took time to do fine dinning here. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future to Holiday Inn Express Old Town.
Manager, Holiday Inn Express Old Town

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very helpful and courteous staff. Thumbs up to Fernando, Nawfal, Josh and Delores. The shuttle service was terrific. Breakfast was great! You can get brochures for tons of attractions. Yes, it was a little noisy sitting outside near the jacuzzi, but over by the pool, the noise is blocked by the building. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pam L

We try our best to keep our guests very happy here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Nice to hear that the breakfast was to your standards. Always great to hear that our staff Josh, Fernando and Nawafal went above and beyond to make your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town an memorable one. We hope to see you again soon at Holiday Inn Express Old Town.

Front Desk Manager, Holiday Inn Old Town

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My family and I stayed at this location for 8 days and 7 nights. Our experience from the moment we checked in with Jose was superb. He was very warm and polite and most helpful with information.
Breakfast was very good, they offer a great variety of food to choose from including eggs, bacon, sausage and lots of other goodies. Dolores who worked in the breakfast room was so pleasant and always made our mornings a little brighter with her positive energy and her fun loving personality.
The room were very clean and room service was excellent, the only bad thing about our room would be location. We were on level one room 102, which is where the garage is located. Our room was right near the door from the garage coming into the hotel. The opening and closing of the door late at night and early in the mornings was a bit annoying but because of the rest of our experience, I will defiantly return.
Last but not least.....Shuttle service was Excellent! Nawfa was our driver for most of our trips, he was super friendly as were all our drivers!
Excellent choice!

Room Tip: I would stay off the first floor. It felt kind of strange being on the floor of the garage and the n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Monica S

We strive for great and impressive service to all of our guests and It makes us happy to read we exceeded our expectations at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Nice to hear that the breakfast was to your standards. Always great to hear that our staff Jose,Dolores and Nawfal, went above and beyond to make your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town an memorable one. Thank you once again for the great comments,we hope to see you again soon.
Suzy

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Convenient location with shuttle services to major attractions and convention center. Front desk was very helpful and friendly with all the guests. Although rooms facing the interstate are noisy the fan helped drown them out. The hotel isn't really within walking distance of any restaurants or shops but the price was reasonable and the shuttle came in quite handy. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the interstate would be good for a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MittaBear

We appreciate the nice comments, and hope you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Hope to see you soon in the near future.
Manager Holiday Inn Express Inn Old Town

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn in January. It's location is excellent, conveniently located to San Diego Airport and Old Town (8-minute trolley to downtown). There is a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport or for guests to use to other locations. The drivers are super friendly and helpful. Our drivers were Fernando and Nawfa. Fernando brought my jacket to me after I forget it in the shuttle after dropping us off at the airport!! This was over and above helpful service and so appreciated!

The rooms were clean and comfortable and a great free breakfast as well! We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole Y

We appreciate the beautiful comments about our breakfast and shuttle services that we offer for free at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your excellent feedback. We strive for great and impressive service to all of our guests and It makes us happy to read we exceeded our expectations at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Always great to hear that our staff Fernando,and Nawfal, went above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. Thank you once again for the great comments,we hope to see you again soon.