Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town
US$213
  • Breakfast included
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$188
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$213
Hotels.com
US$926
US$641
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$194
  • Restaurant
Humphreys Half Moon Inn(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$179
US$358
US$308
  • Room Service
Ocean Park Inn(San Diego)
US$235
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Solamar Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$216
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$325
Hotelpower.com
1,194 results
All reviewsshuttle servicefree shuttlefreeway sidefront deskmcrd graduationmarine graduationsan diego airportbreakfast roomfree breakfastunderground parkingrental carhot tubdesk staffspecial thankssea worldclean hotelthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

San Diego is a very beautiful town and attractive for tourists. I was the second time in San Diego, and I was living in the part "Old Town" in the "Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport". The staff from the "Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town" was very friendly and helpful, especially Elia. He helped me all the time, when I had a problem. I enjoyed my staying at this hotel. All was very clean, the swimming pool was also very beautiful, and I enjoyed the good mood there. The internet (W-Lan) was also free.
Besides, this hotel offered a shuttle service without costs to airport, to the convention center and to Old Town. With regard to this, I think of Fernando - who was very often the driver - and who was also very kind and helpful.
Besides, the breakfast was also very good and "much". With regard to this, I think of Dolores who was responsible for the breakfast menue.
I was there for business, and I know that I will definitely visit San Diego and this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Martina K
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Thank you very much for staying with us, and sharing your feedback! We strive for great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes up happy to read we exceeded our expectations at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We are happy to hear that our staff at Holiday Inn Express Old Town, provided great service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.
Manager, Holiday Inn Express Old Town

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our first trip to San Diego, vacation to see the sights. HIE Old Town was perfect choice. Location put us close to SD Zoo, Old Town sites and restaurants, and all the other fun side trips we had chosen. GEORGE in the breakfast room was a delightful person and took pride that his was the best HIE breakfast ever. Our suite was comfortable, good cool air conditioner and plenty of room to spread out and relax. Private balcony was an added extra. Enjoyed having the basement parking just and elevator ride away. Good internet. Price was reasonable for all we got.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank GAWanderer
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

We are happy to hear that our staff at Holiday Inn Express Old Town, provided great service. We try our best to keep our guests very happy here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. It makes us happy to read we exceeded our expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.
Manager Holiday Inn Express Old Town
Suzy B

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the HIE Old Town many times on business and will definitely go back.
Walking distance to Old Town (or free hotel shuttle). Ask for a room on the other side of the freeway though.
Check Acoustic Brewing Experiment nearby (walking distance as well) for some good craft beers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank aerostef

Thank you so much for your recent comment, we strive to make Holiday Inn Express Old Town, a great hotel experience. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town!
Holiday Inn Express Old Town

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had spent many trips at Holiday Inn Express in Old Town over the years and liked it. Unfortunately, it appears that a few years ago, they sold that location to Marriott and took over another (cheaper) location farther up San Diego Ave. First the positives: Nice service from check in on. Free internet (though the signal was spotty). Nice new phones on both desk and nightstand (key for business travelers taking conference calls). Secure parking is free. The downsides were there as well. The noise level was a distraction, from very loud guests and pool noise (and apparently thin walls) to something right outside my room that kept kicking on and sounded like a helicopter, maybe just an out of control air conditioning unit, but REALLY loud. On top of that, the front desk said they gave me a 'nice quiet room' which fronted the parking lot, and had an adjoining wall to the fitness center. But the biggest downside is the location: Unlike the previous HIE Old town, this one is not in Old Town. Old Town is a 10-15 minute walk. OK, they have shuttles, but that is not quite the same. I was bummed because I specifically chose this hotel over 2 other (less expensive) HIE's near Sea World and Point Loma because I wanted to be right in Old Town. Hey, Mea Culpa to be sure, but this lets everyone know. Next time I will probably stay in the old location, now a Fairfield by Marriott. or just stay at the HI Bayside by the airport.

Room Tip: I was in room 237 (misleading because 2 is the ground floor). Would definitely not accept that room again. Probably quieter on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank trinzeon

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with the outside noise affected your stay negatively. Your review will be used to consider improvements and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.
Management HIE

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Shuttle driver, Fernando, made our new Marine feel like a VIP and we really appreciated it! Breakfast was great, hot tub was fun - no complaints at all - it was so convenient to be near the base and the airport - thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank KeithfromIowa

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We strive for great and impressive service to all of our guests here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town, and it makes us happy to read we exceeded our expectations. Congrats on your new Marine. We look forward to hosting you again.
Holiday Inn Express Old Town