“Welcoming and Clean Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town
Ranked #40 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Welcoming and Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel is a nice, welcoming and clean hotel.
If we talk about costumer service, Holiday Inn Express San Diego Old Town is the king. People at this hotel is great. Mr. George in the dinning area and Fernando with the shuttle service. Thank you also to the people in the front desk.

Thank you for a first time visitor to your hotel, me and my family will back again for sure.

2 Thank Zeydy L
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for your great feedback. We would like to take this time to also say thank you for choosing our Hotel at Holiday Inn Express Old Town, for your lodging needs. We are pleased to hear, that our staff was very helpful and attentive to your needs. We look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Thank you for your time.

Suzy B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Polish first
Phoenix
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was supposed to be in Phoenix last night, but my flight diverted to San Diego due to weather. There are much worse places to be stuck considering how hot it is in Phoenix, but I land in a town with a comic book convention and no rooms to be had for miles around. Lucky for me, my husband was proactive and booked the Holiday Inn Express for me when my flight originally diverted. After my flight cancelled, I called the shuttle, Alex was there to pick me up in less than 10 mins and Jose had all my info and was ready to check me in as soon as I got to the hotel. Room was very clean, updated interior, soft pillows and was easy to fall asleep. My room was right next to the highway, yet I couldn't hear anything. I checked out very quickly with Art int the morning and Fernando had me on my way on time to catch my very early am flight out. Thank you Holiday Inn Express, for a first time visitor to your hotel, I was very impressed. Your people are beyond great when it comes to customer service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank alligatorpgr
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. I am really glad to know that you were able to relax and have a great stay at our hotel. We are glad to read you found our hotel staff commendable. . As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We take pride in hearing great reviews and look forward to having you stay with us when in town in San Diego.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel room is clean and cozy. The breakfast is nice.
Parking was also not to bad. It is in downtown so you should not expect like parking lots in suburban.
Only if you avoid the rooms that are freeway side you will satisfy with this hotel.
They have double windows but it could not block all the noises from the freeway.
I am not that picky about the noise but this was way too much!!!

That is all!
Stay if you know you will get a room in San Diego ave side for sure.

Room Tip: Request room at San Diego ave side
4 Thank jang s
Thank you for your comments about Holiday Inn Express Old Town. It is unfortunate that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us about the noise on the freeway, rest assured that we will forward this to our management team and I am positive that they will take take the initiative and appropriate actions to rectify this issue. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very courteous and obliging staff. Clean and well cared for hotel and surroundings. Free shuttle service. Shout out to all staff at welcome counter /concierge area and to George and Fernando especially in dining and shuttle service.
I wish everyone travellers encountered could be as amazing as these employees.

Room Tip: It is right by the highway, but sound was not a detriment. We ere on the third floor so above the no...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Patricia R
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are delighted pleased that you have mentioned our friendly staff at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Old Town and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future. Thank you

Banquete, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

If you want a luxury hotel with little to no amenities, then this not the place for you. If you want to stay in a nice clean hotel where they treat you more like family than a guest, this is the place for you. I could not have picked a better place for my family. They have comfy queen size beds, fridge and microwave in every room, awesome breakfast every morning, and smiling faces from every single employee. The drivers, Fernando, Josh, and Steven were amazing. The shuttle alone makes this Holiday Inn a no brainer. If we ever return to San Diego, we will stay here again.

3 Thank ramprissy
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
WOW!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your entire stay with us and we were happy to have you hear! We hope to see you return back here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We are always pleased to here praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. Thank you for your positive comments. It's always nice to hear our guest recognize our staff's efforts. I will share your comments with our team at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We hope you join us on your next vacation in San Diego.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

When searching for hotels in San Diego, this was not our first choice but I am very happy that we chose this hotel. This is a very nice and clean hotel. Very friendly staff. They gave my friends and myself goody packs when we checked for being a member of the IHG club. Sure it was not much but it is these smallest things that sometimes make some of the biggest differences. I loved the location of this hotel. Not too far from the airport. Sometimes we would just sit outside and watch the planes land and take-off. There are also a large number of Mexican restaurants close to the vicinity. These were some of the best authentic Mexican food I ever had. The trolley service is also near by. You have to walk a bit but still very convenient. Overall this was an excellent stay and would check in again next time I visit San Diego.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shamsul S
Thank you so much for your review at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We love getting guest feedback as it helps us improve our business and grow. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. You do us a great service by providing your positive feedback with us. I will be sure to share these comments with our team here. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you at The Holiday Inn Express Old Town.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Clean and nice rooms, but the ones facing the freeway are a bit noisy. If you can, select a room facing tue other way.
Room was clean, but the hallway smells of old carpet.
Breakfast was acceptable for the type of hotel, But at 180 a night I think it is a bit overpriced. The location, however, is excelent.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carlos S
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not one hundred percent satisfactory. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Manager, HIE