“Good Spot near airport”

Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town
Ranked #48 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A positive experience for these travel-weary customers. A night of rest, before we completed our trip back east from Hawaii. Nice staff, clean rooms. Shuttle reliable. Fernando prompt, personable. Evening shuttle staff great as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annie P
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We are glad you mentioned our friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Hope to see you in the future at Holiday Inn Express Old Town.

Suzy B.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

It has been about 2 years since we were last here. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary/belated honeymoon. We aren't rich and can't afford a penthouse suite downtown, but we do appreciate a clean room and friendly staff. So here we are again. The front desk staff are always kind and courteous. Our room was spotless, which is always a great sign. Unfortunately, the A/C was having issues during this very humid time of year. Maintenance arrived about one minute after I called. He worked on it for about 10 minutes and got it to come back on. Sadly, it didn't last very long. I called the front desk again and they immediately had us switched to another room, another clean room. It's all good.

Our second night, my wife couldn't sleep and was craving a salty snack at 2 a.m. ...YAY for the 24 hour snack store! REALLY appreciate all the items available.

The hotel is in a very convenient location. San Diego is my home town, so we like to go to Ocean Beach, Gaslamp District, Little Italy, Old Town, Balboa Park...easy to go everywhere from here.

The ONLY thing I have to complain about are the mattresses. Sorry, but in both rooms we had a queen bed that you could feel the springs in. Maybe by our next trip the hotel will new beds.

Room Tip: There is street side with no noise, and there is freeway side. We have never been on the freeway si...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Badgerdawg

Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to write a review. We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Old Town! We are proud of our staff and our services we provide. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very nice hotel with very nice people working the breakfast, front desk and then the shuttle service is so nice and they are all so kind. Alex, awesome driver, Josh and Steven awesome Elia and Kylene and Vangie, all super great. They have a great group of people here and truly look like they enjoy their jobs. Little pricey in the Convenient store, but other than that a very nice place to stay when you are in Old Town.

Room Tip: the smaller rooms are just that small. we upgraded to a family room and it was wonderful to have th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CinJan2014
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I appreciate your star ratings at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. I'm happy to hear that your stay went well and that you enjoyed our amenities. I have shared this wonderful review with our staff at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Thank you so much for the great comments about our employees. We all work so hard to make our guests stay a memorable one. And once again thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Old Town and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel is a nice, welcoming and clean hotel.
If we talk about costumer service, Holiday Inn Express San Diego Old Town is the king. People at this hotel is great. Mr. George in the dinning area and Fernando with the shuttle service. Thank you also to the people in the front desk.

Thank you for a first time visitor to your hotel, me and my family will back again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Zeydy L
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for your great feedback. We would like to take this time to also say thank you for choosing our Hotel at Holiday Inn Express Old Town, for your lodging needs. We are pleased to hear, that our staff was very helpful and attentive to your needs. We look forward to seeing you again at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was supposed to be in Phoenix last night, but my flight diverted to San Diego due to weather. There are much worse places to be stuck considering how hot it is in Phoenix, but I land in a town with a comic book convention and no rooms to be had for miles around. Lucky for me, my husband was proactive and booked the Holiday Inn Express for me when my flight originally diverted. After my flight cancelled, I called the shuttle, Alex was there to pick me up in less than 10 mins and Jose had all my info and was ready to check me in as soon as I got to the hotel. Room was very clean, updated interior, soft pillows and was easy to fall asleep. My room was right next to the highway, yet I couldn't hear anything. I checked out very quickly with Art int the morning and Fernando had me on my way on time to catch my very early am flight out. Thank you Holiday Inn Express, for a first time visitor to your hotel, I was very impressed. Your people are beyond great when it comes to customer service!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank alligatorpgr

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. I am really glad to know that you were able to relax and have a great stay at our hotel. We are glad to read you found our hotel staff commendable. . As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We take pride in hearing great reviews and look forward to having you stay with us when in town in San Diego.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel room is clean and cozy. The breakfast is nice.
Parking was also not to bad. It is in downtown so you should not expect like parking lots in suburban.
Only if you avoid the rooms that are freeway side you will satisfy with this hotel.
They have double windows but it could not block all the noises from the freeway.
I am not that picky about the noise but this was way too much!!!

That is all!
Stay if you know you will get a room in San Diego ave side for sure.

Room Tip: Request room at San Diego ave side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jang s

Thank you for your comments about Holiday Inn Express Old Town. It is unfortunate that you had a less than satisfactory experience with us about the noise on the freeway, rest assured that we will forward this to our management team and I am positive that they will take take the initiative and appropriate actions to rectify this issue. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very courteous and obliging staff. Clean and well cared for hotel and surroundings. Free shuttle service. Shout out to all staff at welcome counter /concierge area and to George and Fernando especially in dining and shuttle service.
I wish everyone travellers encountered could be as amazing as these employees.

Room Tip: It is right by the highway, but sound was not a detriment. We ere on the third floor so above the no...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Patricia R
Suzy B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are delighted pleased that you have mentioned our friendly staff at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service and are happy doing so. Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Old Town and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future. Thank you