1,323 results
All reviews shuttle service free shuttle front desk freeway side mcrd graduation marine graduation san diego airport breakfast room an early flight free breakfast underground parking rental car hot tub road noise cruise terminal special thanks desk staff
Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

Our stay here was nothing short of an absolute amazing experience. The entire staff from check-in, all the way through check-out was very attentive, kind, caring and respectful.
We really enjoyed Dolores, during our breakfast experience. Her kindness was one of a kind! Art, also made sure we had an awesome experience! I definitely recommend this place to everyone and will certainly stay here upon our next return.
Thank you for everything and the great hospitality!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Arzhawan
Holiday Inn Exp... I, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the 5 star review here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town, we are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and all of our staff went above and beyond to make y our stay great . We hope too see you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel very well located close to the airport and cruise terminal. Helpful shuttle to both, very attentive driver. The price skyrocketed while I was there, more of $500 per night, usually around $100. Asked for a late checkout considering my spire status, and checkout little after one in the afternoon. At the next day I had two charges more. Called and told me that I extended my stay after checkout extended time, which was not true. Talked to two or three very rude employees, who insisted that their maid told them that my things were still in the room after 2PM. Fortunately I had an email of the checkout and proved that was not true and they offered to refund. Then I found another charge, somewhat they figured how to alter my reservation for two nights instead of one and were charging for the second inexistent night. Had to call IHG where they had my original reservation for one night. Very distressful from the reservation department. On the good note, I forgot my credit card and they called me and sent it to the cruise terminal, very nice from the reception.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ETame
Holiday Inn Exp... I, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying and sharing your candid comments with us. Our goal is to provide every guest with a great experience at our location. I'm very concerned to see that you this did not happen, and I would like to apologize for the lack of exceptional service at check-in. This is not the kind of experience we want for any of our guests, especially for our valued IHG Rewards Spire Member.

I can assure you that your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence you place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2018

Very clean hotel and friendly, helpful staff! Hotel provides free shuttle service to/from the airport, MCRD, & Old Town!! Bed was very comfortable! Free breakfast in the morning! This is the perfect hotel for visiting your Marine Corps Recruit Graduation!

1  Thank Jim R
Holiday Inn Exp... I, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star review here at the Holiday Inn Express Old Town, We are so happy to hear you loved our hotel and the yummy free breakfast every morning before you started your day. Congratulations on your new marine we hope to see again if traveling to San Diego .

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2018

We stayed here overnight to save time getting to airport. Close to the Airport and the shuttle driver art was excellent. . They will also drive you close by if you need to go somewhere else. Great staff elia was very nice .
Hotel very clean and beds comfortable. No issues using lobby computer to check in to our flight and print our boarding passes. Would stay here again. Our flight was too early to take advantage of breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lovell1969
Holiday Inn Exp... I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the 5 Star review about your stay at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. Glad you enjoyed your stay and the comfy and clean rooms. Hope to see you again soon.

Manager, Holiday Inn Express Old Town
Suzy B.

Reviewed 17 December 2018 via mobile

I stayed for a night and had rm 332. The room is spacious, bed is very comfortable, linens at clean, towels smell fresh,and pillows are soft! Though it’s location is along I-5, I never heard the noise coming from the freeway!
The breakfast selection has variety from pancakes to oatmeal, sausages, egg, Cinnabon, and fruits! Staff made sure that enough food are provided!
I’m also thankful for the staff who kept my hydro flask left in the room until I went back to grab it! Jose was very courteous!
I highly recommend this hotel for its service and nice room!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Educ8mode
Holiday Inn Exp... I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Airport - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice comments about your stay here with us at Holiday Inn Express Old Town. we appreciate the nice 5 Star review. Glad you enjoyed our comfy beds and and soft pillows. Hope to see you again soon. Have a great day.

Manager, Holiday Inn Express Old Town