“Nice Courtyard”

Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley
Ranked #168 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We did not stay there during the high season so we were able to get a good rate. I was really impressed with how nice the grounds are. The pool, firepit, & lounge are wonderful. The rooms are small but standard for a Courtyard. We will stay there again when the rates are reasonable. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Hello allijme!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us in February of this year. Even though it was several months ago, your feedback is extremely important to us. I'm thrilled to hear that your stay was a wonderful experience and that you will be staying with us again the next time you visit the San Diego area!

I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff and if there is anything I can do help assist with future reservations, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a nice place. Plenty of space in tge rooms, pretty quiet, short walk to Qualcomm, Karl Strauss restaurant, and a local food court. There is free wifi for all at a decent speed.Cons woukd include the minute fitness centre. It is smaller than a guest room and has virtually no floor space. Also the claimed restaurant is a cafe. Not good for an evening meal.

GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear tedbob,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at our hotel!

I'm glad to hear that the hotel in general met your needs to be both productive and relaxing. It's also important feedback to hear that you thought our fitness center was a little on the small side and our options for dinner weren't what you expected.

We strive to listen to our guests’ comments and take appropriate action to ensure that our future guests have a wonderful stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and should I be able to assist you for any future reservations while traveling to the San Diego area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly, at any time.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Theresa truly made our experience at this hotel! Theresa helped us out after getting some bad booking advice from Expedia. Although the hotel is lacking a formal restaurant in the evenings, and the lounge that is there is extremely overpriced! This hotel also does not provide guests with Wi-FI - CRAZY in this day and age!!

However if you are planning on staying at this hotel, the rooms are clean and the breakfast buffet is very good. Theresa thank you so much for all of your help and accommodating our family. You truly turned what would have been a less then enjoyable stay into a overall great experience! Theresa is from Paia, Hawaii and brings the kindness of the Island to San Diego!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Hello Heather R!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

While the review is a great one, I wanted to make sure you had the right hotel reviewed. A few reasons I ask is that we don't have an associate named Theresa from Hawaii, we have our Bistro restaurant that is open for breakfast (non-buffet) and for dinner as well, with a full bar. We also only have complimentary Wi-Fi available to our guests.

If you'd like, I can help confirm which Marriott property you may have stayed at in our area. Please feel free to call me at the hotel and I'd be happy to assist.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I've stayed here before and after the renovations. Service was friendly and efficient both times there. The renovations made a big difference. The rooms from beds and pillows down to the carpet were shabby before. But now they are modern and clean. Good alternative to La Jolla for visiting UCSD parents who want to save bit. The discount is pretty good if you purchase at least two weeks in advance. Its about one or two exits from UCSD, you can either go north on the 5 or hop on 805S. Not to much around since its mostly companies. This hotel is definitely for the business traveler. But options arn't too far away.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Hello jfizzy!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel in October and then again more recently.

You have a unique perspective with regards to the condition of the hotel before renovation and after renovation experience and am thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed what we accomplished with the renovation last year. I'm also excited to hear that our service was up to standard both times you stayed with us.

It's feedback like yours that helps us realize we are on the right path to ensure every guest is comfortable and productive during their stays with us and look forward to sharing your comments with the staff today.

If there is anything I can assist you with personally for future reservations at our hotel, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at any time.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The hotel is located in a great area close to hopping, food, and entertainment. The staff has made it a very enjoyable experience staying here. Erica B at the front desk took especially great care of me. Making sure parking, my room, and my next day business at hotel was properly taken care of and up to my expectations. Surely will come here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hello kosha b!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at our hotel in July!

I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that your stay was both relaxing and productive. I look forward to sharing your wonderful experience with the staff today in our daily meeting.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Great Hotel. I've always been a fan of the Marriott. This Marriott was a step above. The services the staff was great. The amenities were outstanding. The lounge areas as well as the food area were always clean and comfortable. Several viewing area of tv's was an unexpected surprised. The fitness room was great also. State of the art treadmill - I was able to get a good workout. The suite is the way to go, clean spacious and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: July 2013
GMCourtyardSD, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hello Q2029A!

Thank you for taking a moment to write a wonderful review on Trip Advisor about your stay with us in July! With you being a fan of Marriott hotels in general, that only makes the praise about our hotel even more special.

I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff today in our daily meeting and I know they will be as thrilled as me to hear them.

If there is anything I can do personally for a return trip to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I'd be happy to assist you.

Again, thank you for the wonderful review and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The pictures are deceiving. The lobby is newly renovated and clean however the rooms are outdated and the smell is unbearable. We thought we were staying at a decent hotel but as soon as we walked into the hallways, we were shocked!!! The hallways stinks like BO and the carpet was disgustingly stained and dirty. The rooms were not any better. We checked out after a day and was refused a refund because it was a non refundable stay. Please do not make the same mistake I did and just stay anywhere else.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Kang91,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay with us in June 2013. I wanted to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us and know that those issues are not the norm for our hotel.

We've shared your comments with the Management team here in order to ensure that these issues do not arise again for our guests.

If I can be of any further assistance or if you'd like to speak to me regarding the issues, please feel free to reach out to me directly.