“Nice hotel for price”

Ranked #227 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice hotel for price”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Comfortable and spacious rooms that are clean with good services including iron! Close to everything, would recommend for people in the area... The zoo is ten minutes away as is the lovely Gas Lamp area which is well worth a visit!
............

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello there!

I trust all is well. On behalf of our establishment, Days Inn & Suites Sea World/Airport San Diego staff, we appreciate your kind words in your review. We enjoy to hear and read about your positive stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

"Our Promise as sure as the Sun..."

Warmest Regards,

619-224-9800 - phone
nicole@pacifichost.com - email

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Indonesian first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The rooms were a good size for the price paid-I was by myself and I had two full beds, a fridge and microwave, a balcony, and a nice sized bathroom. The room was clean, so no problems with that. The area didn't seem bad to me. There were plenty of places to eat nearby and a Target across the street. The location was great-close to the airport, Sea World, Belmont Park, Old Town, and the Pacific Ocean. All of these places were within about ten minutes from the hotel. The San Diego Zoo and the rest of Balboa Park was about fifteen minutes away. The pool was a good size and the water temperature was good. The hot tub was hot and relaxing after a day of exploring. The continental breakfast was better than most-someone was cooking pancakes and scrambled eggs, and there was fresh fruit and bread with peanut butter and jelly. I brought some bread and peanut butter and jelly to the room for sandwiches for later. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor, which was nice, but I was close to the pool, which can get loud.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank pilotgirl21
Hello there Pilotgirl!

Trust all is well. Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing our establishment for your place to stay in San Diego. I also, appreciate your review as we utilize trip advisor as a platform for positive growth as we strive to do our best in making sure that we instill "Quality Service" to all our valued guests.
In the future, if you plan on coming back to San Diego, please contact me as I would like to have you stay with us. Again, thank you for choosing Days Inn & Suites Sea World/Airport San Diego as your "Home away from Home" in San Diego, Ca.

Warmest Regards,

nicole@pacificahost.com
Sterling, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The positives first:
The pool was great
The rooms accommodated our crowd (11 people)
The parking lot was secure

The bad stuff:
The area is very scary I would not let my wife go out by herself at any time of the day or night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank jposterling
Colton, California, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We got the room from groupon and thought it won't be so bad because of the other reviews we saw but this hotel needs some TLC. We arrived on a Friday and inspected our room.....we found that the handle on the sliding door to the patio was ready to fall off. The glass on the door looks like it has a major calcium build up. The shower is yellow from being so old and the toilet clogs really easy. The walls are thin do you can hear everything. During the night we heard a weird cracking in the walls, I'm assuming it's the pipes. We are on the middle floor so we hear everything.....including the many children running around the hotel. We went out Friday night and got back around midnight to find that there was almost no parking available and it is a tight fit in this parking lot. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I like.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Megan N
Hello Megan N,

Trust all is well and apologize for the delay in responding. I apologize for the experience you had with us during your stay here at the Days Inn & Suites Sea World San Diego/Airport San Diego. It is our goal to strive and do our very best to uphold “Quality Service” to all of our valued guests. If there is anything I can do to make your next experience with us a memorable one, please feel free to contact me.

“Our Promise as sure as the Sun”

Best Regards,

Email – nicole@pacificahost.com

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Extremely dirty, carpets, floors, toilet everything not cleaned in long time, scalding hot water (even in toilet bowl) scary for kids, pool and hot tub water so dirty no way the kids could go in them, shower curtain rods falling out of walls Cut our 4 night stay after one when we found another hotel for less per night and it was clean. Days Inn housekeeping, maintenance, and grounds keepers are sadly lacking in skills and pride in their work.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel at all - it was not the cheapest option we had and it turned out to be...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy M
Hello Kathy M.,

Trust all is well. I apologize for the experience you had with us during your stay here at the Days Inn & Suites Sea World San Diego/Airport San Diego. It is our goal to strive and do our very best to uphold “Quality Service” to all of our valued guests. If there is anything I can do to make your next experience with us a memorable one, please feel free to contact me.

“Our Promise as sure as the Sun”

Best Regards,

Email – nicole@pacificahost.com
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I had check in stay at this hotel on June 15 - 17. After check out due to my careless. I left my wallet. I had call up. They say will send back my wallet to my another hotel using fedex. I received my wallet on 18jun. But there is missing Of Cash Of usd400 and sgd300. Is really disappointed. Dishonest hotel. !!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends