“disappointed”

Ranked #221 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Cedar Hills, Utah
“disappointed”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel earlier in the year. At that point it was half the price as now in July, and at that price it was worth it. It was not nearly so busy and we were mostly impressed. So we scheduled a return visit not only for ourselves but also for a couple of our kids families. This time was quite different. There were multiple problems with all three rooms. In our room, the sheets on the hide-a-bed had clearly not been changed - there were hairs in the sheets. The TV controller in the living room did not work and despite repeated calls to the front desk this was never fixed. In the bedroom, we had to call them to change the sheets which were stained. The sheets were old and had holes in them. In the other rooms, there were light fixtures that didn't work and many knobs missing on furniture. The grounds were ill kept. We got the impression that there just wasn't enough staff to handle the traffic in this busy season. On the bright side, the pool area it was very nice. The breakfast was very good. But despite these facts, we will not be back. It's a shame because this hotel is so convenient to SeaWorld.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Indonesian first
Grandview, Missouri
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This location is smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood. You will get at least 3 menus slipped under or through the door daily. Breakfast was eggs....toast...cereal....oatmeal...pancakes....apples & oranges....juice. Standard room....dated. Thermostat is programmed and set to a certain temp.....had to keep adjusting to cool room. Fridge was unplugged upon arrival.....worked well after it got running. Day time shuttle driver....Chris....was great with providing info. On bus line and close to a trolley station....shuttle will drop you off. Noise level can be loud in the parking lot of the front building. Fireworks from Sea World can be seen and heard nightly. Plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. There are a few homeless that gather at the Walgreens next door....didn't solicit us for anything. Beds were ok. Electrical outlets were limited and hard to keep electronics plugged in. Computer in the lobby....slow. Bathroom was small....small amount of mold....peeling paint. Housekeeping came daily without issue.....changed out the towels and wash cloths. Sign up to get out and about using the shuttle.....they pick up until 10pm.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family of 5 stayed here 8/20-8/22. I got a room pretty inexpensive around $76 a night. I was pretty worried about this hotel because of all the reviews I read and the one star ratings. Even the pics were bothersome including that weird, unidentified bug pic. But this place offered 3 thing that I look for: free parking, breakfast, and a pool. My wife read the reviews and wanted something else immediately. She read that there are always creepy people in the parking lot and it isn't safe for our young kids. Well I kept my fingers crossed and when we checked in the front desk was very friendly. She changed us to a more desirable location for us. Near the pool and breakfast. My wife was surprised that it was a suite with a couch, tv, fridge, microwave. A door led to the bedroom with a little balcony. We liked that we slept well (no paper thin walls), parking was secure where we were located (iron fence) We were treated to a nice firework display both nights (from Sea World?) that the kids loved watching on the balcony. Free wifi, lots of pancakes, close to my favorite grocery store (Ralphs), two t.v.'s in the room, great location, the ac worked fine, no weird smells, no weird bugs, just a comfortable stay. Okay the parking spots were a little tight but there were always spots available at night. Swimmers enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi but to me the water seemed a little murky. I watched Dr. Oz the week before and they did a demonstration that when urine and chlorine meet, there forms a cloudy interaction and makes the water less transparent. So that grossed me out a bit. Anyways fellow fathers with young families, book this place and enjoy and don't be scared off by the other reviews.

Room Tip: choose room by the pool
DALLAS
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was here for a business trip and placed in the back building with the pool noise until 10 pm --- can not escape that - and then morning was breakfast being served - only since I was up was this okay. The place if not clean - every thing has a very bad smell. The shower in the pictures I was very affraid of. But the topper to the whole trip was the smoke alarm going off at 1:30 am - with calls to the front desk that were not being answered - and finally when someone did and said the would send someone up to check it --- no one ever arrived! I had to go back to the check in the next day to get someone to finally look at it!! Terrible --- Not only did I not have alot of sleep the night prior but certainly did not get any that night either! Waited for someone to show up ----

Room Tip: My tip to finding a good room --- find another place to stay!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The rooms where musty and very outdated. One of the television was very old. The room had a musty smile and the outdoor landscaping was horrible. Couldn't do much about it since I purchased this on Groupon. But it was very low standard and quality even for the discounted price. But on the positive side the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned every day. I just the website is a miss representation of the location and the rooms. The place needs a major upgrade. Paint was peeling from the bathroom walls. The sheets had holes in them. The website will certainly fool you.

Room Tip: The rooms near the pool and the ice machine are very noisy. Choice a higher floor.
Lompoc, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I were in San Diego for training. The suggested hotel was booked so we decided on the Days Inns which was just a few blocks from the other one. There was a decent strip mall across the street for most needs youd have. We drove into the parking lot and it was a little unsettling all the people hanging out in the parking (3 packs of 10 to 15 in a group most of which were wearing red). The check in was good, James was very polite and efficient. It was until we figured out where the safest place to park in case we had to leave after dark was our first concern. When we opened the door we got a rude awakening. Knowing Days Inn isn't at the top of the line but in fact a budget hotel I was appalled at the condition. The chairs to sit on were by far the worst I have ever seen in a hotel and had to throw a towel down to sit on them. The bathroom had mold around the tub, the air conditioner spit out water over the bed and never got cold. It was about 85 degrees out that day. And to top it all off the remote only had volume control and up or down for the channels. The big bonus was NO COFFEE POT when it claims to have one in every room. Needless to say we did not stay the 2nd night and found another hotel that was just one off ramp away at La Qunita and only 15.00 more and that was a beautiful stay and will be my next review. We left as soon as we woke up and hung out at Denny's as to not stay there a minute longer. I travel all over the US for work and this is by far the worse place I have ever stay as far and cleanliness and safety. This was clearly a flophouse for people who were misusing the system and putting 6-8 people in one room. I attached some picture to give you a slight understanding of what it was like. Sorry they are sideways.

Room Tip: Dont Stay Here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Trust all is well. I apologize for the experience you had with us during your stay here at the Days Inn & Suites Sea World San Diego/Airport San Diego. It is our goal to strive and do our very best to uphold “Quality Service” to all of our valued guests. If there is anything I can do to make your next experience with us a memorable one, please feel free to contact me. Again, I apologize for the experience you had.

“Our Promise as sure as the Sun”

Best Regards,

Nicole Hohenstein - General Manager
Days Inn & Suites Sea World/Airport San Diego
Email – nicole@pacificahost.com
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel is in a very shady neighborhood. When we got to our room, it smelled like mildew, there was a hole in our sheets and the comforter had stains on it. We also had no remote for the TV and the end table between the beds had a broken leg but was propped up against the wall to hold it up. I was very disappointed, especially considering how pricey the room was for what we got.

2 Thank amoesworld
Nicoleh79, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Sea World, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello Amoesworld,

“Our Promise as sure as the Sun”

Best Regards,