“Great Hotel”

Best Western Mission Bay
Ranked #118 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We loved this hotel! Great staff and housekeeping, comfy beds, best continental breakfast, close to lots of attractions and restaurants. Great value for the money! We will definitely stay here next time we go to San Diego.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our staff, rooms, breakfast and service.

When you return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

We look forward to your return,

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a good hotel for the money & value. It is in a good location. Room are clean & the breakfast good. I would recommend this to family & friends. Finding a parking space coming back @ night was a bit hard but duable. We would stay here again on our next visit to San Diego

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

I appreciate you taking time to express your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our Hot Continental Breakfast and rooms.

When you return to the San Diego area, please do not hesitate to contact me for your reservation needs. You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel in June 2013. The rooms were clean, but there is nothing exciting about this hotel. The pool is in the middle of the parking lot. The "free breakfast" is crammed into what was a hotel room on the first floor...it's a bit crowded. Breakfast was not anything fancy, but the guy working both mornings was on top of restocking things, and was happy to help if anyone had a question. I was not excited about the location of the hotel either, the only thing it is convenient to is Mission Beach...but that's still a car ride, not a walk. It suited our needs, we barely stayed at the hotel. So if you are looking for a place to rest your head, and to shower, and not spend a lot of money...this place will work. If you are looking for a location that has things within walking distance, this is NOT the place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am sorry that our hotel was not near you locations. Though our hotel is not central, our location is safe, quiet and close to shopping centers.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our Breakfast Room Attendant, Jerry. I appreciate you taking the time to share your excellent experience with him. When you return to the area, you're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Best Western Mission Bay exceeded our expectations. We were unsure about the property when we booked our stay but by the end of the stay we knew that we made a great choice. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The pool was clean and warm. The breakfast room is a little small but the food was fresh and there was a nice selection for all tastes. As for the rate, it was also very affordable. We stayed at the Best Western Mission Bay for 4 nights and never had any issues.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank You so much for taking time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very happy to see that you had a great experience at our hotel and were happy with our rooms, breakfast and staff.

We strive to deliver superior service, and I’m glad our team members were able to do that for you. Please let me know when you plan on staying with us again so I can assist you with your reservations. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Well,
Our family could not check out of this Hotel faster. The first thing was when we pulled up a window out of a car had been smashed out, and then upon entering the Lobby, a Hotel guest was upset about the person next to her hit her car...HINT... the parking here is awful, if you come back from visiting the Parks too late, you may not get a spot close to the Hotel and have to park out farther where the poor family had their back window smashed out. I grew concerned about our safety here. I asked the front desk when we checked in and asked if this was a safe area, and he only replied with a 'yes'. Well, as a mom a simple 'yes' does not cut it for me, I would have liked to have a little more comfort in knowing that the area is a safe place. We are not from California, we were a long way from home, and very unsure of the area.
Then there was the unclean rooms, I laid towels on the floor for us to walk on after the shower, which still bothered me because there was black hair all over them (we do not have black hair in our family). Also, we came back late one evening, and the cleaning staff had left their dirty cleaning towel on the desk in the room. I walked the towel back down the man working the desk and asked to change our check out day to one day earlier and he was very nice and courteous.

Then there was the ant that had made itself quite at home, crawling all over the breakfast pastries, which were left on the top of the enclosed container, where they should not have been placed. I believe that there is a young man that works the breakfast normally, he was not there that particular morning and we could tell that he was off that morning. He was very nice and cleaning the whole time and saying Good Morning to everyone who came in. Thank you to that young man who had a smile on his face and greeted us.
There is NO Guest Laundry here, but if you drive up the road there is one in the back of a small shopping center. I may not have done laundry at the Hotel anyway.
We will not stay here next time. The beds were also very hard, and uncomfortable. The pool is open late outside and was noisy until late.
We stayed here for the nights of Aug. 9th thru the 13th...but we checked out on the 12th.
Room 322.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience you experience during your stay with us. We will be implementing additional training with our Housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are being service in a timely and professional manner. I will also be meeting with my General Manager to discuss adding additional security measurements.

We would be more than happy to offer you a discounted rate in the future so we can have another opportunity to show you an excellent experience. I am confident that if given another chance we will be able to show you a wonderful hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I wasn't disappointed at all. Granted to room could use a little fresh air, it didn't smell bad, just needed some good air circulation - so we just left the door open for a while each evening since the breeze was nice! Otherwise, it was close to everything I needed, staff was courteous and helpful, and would likely stay here again next time we are in this part of San Diego, CA.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

08/15/2013

I appreciate you taking time to express your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our friendly staff and hotel location.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were given a room that was already occupied- this happened two times - finally on the third try the room we walked into was empty. We walked in on a room that had money and baseball tickets sitting out, and walked in another room where people were sleeping in there bed. I was so embarrassed but it wasn't our fault- it was the hotels- they kept telling us "these rooms should be empty"- but they weren't. We spent an hour walking around the hotel with ALL of our luggage and our 5 year old son trying room keys the front desk gave us. It was awful. They comped us a nights stay but we were still nervous about the safety of our items and our safety- would our room be "given" to new guests checking in? We made our reservations months ago and even confirmed them the week prior and the nigh before. Other than this nightmare on the first night the stay was fine. The cleaning lady kept trying to clean our room in the morning when we were still in bed (around 8:30am) - we couldn't find the "Do Not Disturb" sign. She came back later.

1  Thank Rudd S
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am so sorry for the problems during your check-in. I will be taking time to retrain the Guest Services Agents working during your check-in date to ensure that situation does not ever happened again.

We are always striving to improve, I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for anything you may need in the future. You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Thank you again for completing the review.