“Great Value”

Ranked #100 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Bernardino, California
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a great place to stay while visiting SeaWorld, the Zoo or your college kids. Our room was spotless, as was the pool and Jacuzzi. Although the property is somewhat dated, the staff, cleanliness, breakfast and price offers up a great value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank CieraLynn
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I appreciate your compliments to our hotel, location, breakfast and staff.

I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your room. We work hard to provide superior guest experience and clean rooms, and I’m glad we were able to provide that for you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, feel free to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Have a wonderful weekend!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
london, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We booked for the full stay of our 6 day visit but considered changing locations when we discovered the lack of nearby (walking distance) restaurants. Unfortunately our stay coincided with a Football game weekend and our initial nights pricing were very steep. In order to optimize the reasonable rates overall we needed to stay to the end of the week. Our initial disappointment was alleviated quickly by the great service and friendliness of the staff. Breakfast was very good and we discovered this hotel to be a great central point for our outings even if not for our dining pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Debbie Y
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am so happy to hear your decision to stay was because of our great customer service. I appreciate your compliments to our staff.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Thank you again for your review!

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed in this Hotel when we visited San Diego Seaworld, our stay was good, Cleanness of the Rooms are good, but I didn't like outside appearance of hotel. The break fast is average. My overall satisfaction about this hotel is good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I’m very happy to see that you stayed with us again.

I am glad you were satisfied with our rooms and cleanliness. I see that you were not happy with the exterior of our hotel. Unfortunately, the property next door to ours was demolished, giving our area a run-down look. We are anticipating construction for new business there within the next year hopefully this will improve the look of our property.

Thank you again for your review. When you return to the area, you’re welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Very pleasant environment, friendly staff, clean facilities, nice pool/spa. The free breakfast provided was much better than anticipated. They have a nice variety each day and the service staff are friendly and attentive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I was happy to see you were happy with our property and staff. We work hard to provide a superior guest experience, and I'm glad we were able to provide that for you.

If I can be of further assistance in the future, feel free to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 393 or lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Have a wonderful week!

castro, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Hotel is very small ,stinky, clogged sink, noisy. The staff was very polite and nice. Breakfast is good. Location is good close to down town and old town, zoo.Easy access to freeway. Pool is small and in the center of the hotel. I saw insects in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I appreciate your compliments to hotel, location breakfast and staff. I am happy to know they were able to assist you.

I’m sorry for the maintenance challenges you had in your room. I have forward your message to our maintenance supervisor and have asked them to fix the sink and shampoo the carpet which should improve the smell in the room.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with exceptional service. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Arroyo Grande, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Friendly staff and accommodating in every way. This property shows its age a bit but hey, that's most of the hotels in San Diego anyway. The rooms have been remodeled and are comfortable and clean. Very kid friendly during the summer months.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe H
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I'm so happy that you were satisfied with our service and that you enjoyed your stay.

If you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Thank you again for your review!

Front Offfice Manager
lancaster, california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here for only 1 night. The bed & Pillows--AWESOME!!!! It is so hard to stay at a hotel & find comfort w/these 2 items--especially pillows--these were GREAT!!! The breakfast was really good--lots of variety. The room & bathroom were clean. The bathroom size was small--but ok for a night. WE had the (2) Queen bed room. The hotel staff was very helpful, friendly, & professional. We would stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review of your stay here. I'm so glad to hear you were happy with our beds and pillows.

Thank you for your compliments to our staff. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay. We aim to 'wow' our guest, and intend to do that through our wonderful team members.

We look forward to your return!