“Super pleased”

Best Western Mission Bay
Ranked #105 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had sat down to plan a trip to San Diego... We had planned 5 days in San Diego.. We looked at hotels and motels by the beach. We quickly decided staying on the beach was super super pricey. This Best western worked out great. Although it is not on the beach, it is an easy 6 min drive from the beach. 6 min drive to old town San Diego as well. The breakfast had a great variety! I am gluten free and generally have limited options. This breakfast offered eggs, bacon, fruit and yogurt. They also offered a variety of other items as well waffles and breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches.
It can be a bit of a noisy place( to no fault to the hotel) Kids can be a bit rowdy lol The pool was so fantastic! We enjoyed it almost everyday. The room was clean and spacious as well. Parking was super convenient WE would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your compliments to our hotel. It is wonderful to know you were happy with your stay and location. Our hotel is very centralized which is just within minutes to most location like beaches, park, Sea World and many more other attractions.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for all of your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a nice time in Best western. We had our pet dog with us and we did not have any problem. Overall our stay was enjoyable. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast service was awesome. I was a vegetarian and I enjoyed what was provided. The location was close to UCSD where I had my conference. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to write a Tripadvisor review about your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback.

When you return to San Diego area, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My son and I came from the East Coast stayed for 1 night prior to going to his surf camp in San Diego. I will admit I was a little concerned when we pulled up. The building appearance from the outside is a bit dated. We arrived early and were able to get into a room prior to 3pm check in. Not many people there when we arrived but later in the afternoon and the next day it was FULL.

However, the pictures of the rooms are true to form. There was a microwave and mini frig in the room... that is always nice. All the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to get us what we needed. They accommodated me in not placing me on the ground level as I requested.
They hand several restaurant recommendations and were great with directions to local attractions etc. Overall I was very happy with our stay. The rooms are sufficient ( we stayed in a 2 queen bed guest room) for the two of us. Not sure I would stay here for an extended vacation but it suited our needs and my son enjoyed the pool as well even though we were only there 24 hours.
Comfortable beds and plenty of towels. Front desk has additional toiletries if needed. I would definitely return as the accommodations were well worth the price, free breakfast ( eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles bagels etch) and free Wi-Fi. Very happy with our first stay.

Room Tip: Not sure what happened with this inline rating tool but it put terrible and I can't change it...

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay.

I am happy to see that you were thrilled with the room cleanliness and location. Thank you for your compliments to our staff, I’m glad everyone was friendly and helpful.

Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care, and intend to do that through our excellent team members.

We look forward to your return,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I arrived in town unknowingly during a massive conference, so I called here with low hope of a vacancy. The staff went out of their way to shuffle a few rooms so I could stay the weekend in the same place. Very friendly and helpful, making me feel welcome as if I was a regular customer.

The location is quiet and close to the interstate and several shops with a nice grocery store up the street. The parking lot felt secure enough for me to leave my motorcycle with little worries. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was the typical spread found in good hotels, always nice to find the waffle iron alongside sausage and eggs.

Definitely a good place to stay away from the chaos of Hotel Circle but still within easy distance of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NevadaW0lf

Hello

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. It is wonderful to see that you had an enjoyable experience.

Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer care and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you. It is wonderful that our staff took proactive measures to make your stay more comfortable.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" stands true. We got a room for 3 nights at a REALLY great rate. However, we hardly got to sleep at all while we were there. There was SO much noise every night we were there. The walls & ceilings at this place must be extremely thin. We heard EVERYTHING that was going on with the room above & around us. The toilet and the fan above the toilet were VERY loud---not just with our rooms, but you could hear it from the room above us as well! Any time someone would walk by outside our room, our entire room would shake. And we were about 3 rooms away from the ice machine, yet every time someone used it, it sounded like it was in our room.
A few good things to mention-----The breakfast was good. Very small room for it though. And the staff was very friendly. We were always greeted any time we walked by a staff member. And it's very close to Mission Beach & Sea World, which is why we were there.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the third floor would have less noise issues..? We had a room on the second floor i...

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am sincerely sorry for the noise from other guest during your stay. I am happy to know you enjoyed our hot breakfast and were happy with our staff and location just within walking distance to Mission Bay parks and 5 minutes away from Sea World.

Should you return to San Diego area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 393 or lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

We look forward seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff at this hotel was very helpful, friendly, and courteous. Check in was a breeze and the staff made us feel right at home.The rooms were clean, no weird smells or stains in the carpet. Some of the room lighting was faulty. Some of the bulbs flickered while others did not turn on at all but this did not discourage us. The breakfast was good and very fulfilling. Every morning some of the food items were changed from muffins with eggs, to egg omelettes. The orange juice was watery and the milk was not cold. The pool water was very warm and my kids enjoyed swimming every night until 10pm closing.

Overall, great hotel to stay in San Diego if you are on a budget.

Good Morning,

I am sincerely sorry for the maintenance challenges you experience while staying with us. If you have a moment can you please let us know which room number you stayed in so we can have our maintenance team inspect and repair the lighting in the room. I appreciate you compliments to our breakfast, I'm happy to know you were enjoyed the breakfast and the kids had fun at the pool.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon! If I can provide with any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, close to Sea World. Great BBQ place right up the hill about a 2 minute drive. Also 1 minute drive to Mission Bay Park. Only about 2 miles from Old Town. Extremely cold AC. Had to turn it to fan instead of cool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Holli B

Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking time to review our hotel through TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay.

Thank you for your compliments to our location, just within walking distance to Mission Bay and five minutes away from Sea World and many more attractions. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

When you to return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 393 or lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.