“Visit to reunite with my 2 yr old nephew that was missing for 5 months ”

Best Western Mission Bay
Ranked #119 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This was a Special Trip for us to visit my sister and reunite with my nephew. I was not expecting to have this gorgeous place. It was a reward from Best Western free night stay, being a gold member the Hotel clerk kindly upgrade my room to a suite. Which came in handy for my sister to spend the day and nephew. Having dinner on premises, nephew enjoyed the playground across the street and the walking areas are amazing. This establishment has all you need to stay on site. The accomadations are comfort. Hubby and I enjoyed the relaxing evenings on the balcony. Quite night sleeping, room service breakfast delicious. In the day you could go out explore the beaches or interesting places and come back to unwind with surroundings this property offers. We will be back =)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hello,

I am delightful to hear you had such a wonderful experience. I'm so happy to know our staff was able to upgrade your room to a family suite. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we take pride in enhancing quality family time and I''m glad our staff was able to do that for you.

We hope your come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

bed were firm but location and price couldn't be any better. The breakfast was great. This is a family orientated hotel. Very noisey due to all the small children having a great time. If you know this when you make your reservation then you will be fine. The noise level definitely went down by 11pm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Good Afternoon,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here through Tripadvisor. I'm happy to know you had a wonderful stay and were happy with our rooms, location and breakfast. Although it can be a little loud at times we do our best to keep it quiet.

Should you visit San Diego area again you're more than welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotel pros.biz

Once again thank you for your review!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I felt this hotel was amazing, staff was very nice, they acknowledge you every morning, they serve different breakfast every day, Hotel was very clean, and also with minuets from every place to enjoy yourself in San Diego, about 5 to 10 min from beach's, about 5min from Sea World,about, 15min from seaport, about 10min from old town San Diego, about 15min from Zoo, 10min from Balboa park, really close to everything i highly Recommend this hotel,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances M
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the kind review of your stay here. I'm so glad to hear you were happy with the room, breakfast, and staff. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay we aim to "wow" our guests, and intend to do that through our wonderful team members.

Should you visit San Diego are again, your welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had sat down to plan a trip to San Diego... We had planned 5 days in San Diego.. We looked at hotels and motels by the beach. We quickly decided staying on the beach was super super pricey. This Best western worked out great. Although it is not on the beach, it is an easy 6 min drive from the beach. 6 min drive to old town San Diego as well. The breakfast had a great variety! I am gluten free and generally have limited options. This breakfast offered eggs, bacon, fruit and yogurt. They also offered a variety of other items as well waffles and breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches.
It can be a bit of a noisy place( to no fault to the hotel) Kids can be a bit rowdy lol The pool was so fantastic! We enjoyed it almost everyday. The room was clean and spacious as well. Parking was super convenient WE would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your compliments to our hotel. It is wonderful to know you were happy with your stay and location. Our hotel is very centralized which is just within minutes to most location like beaches, park, Sea World and many more other attractions.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for all of your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a nice time in Best western. We had our pet dog with us and we did not have any problem. Overall our stay was enjoyable. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast service was awesome. I was a vegetarian and I enjoyed what was provided. The location was close to UCSD where I had my conference. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to write a Tripadvisor review about your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback.

When you return to San Diego area, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My son and I came from the East Coast stayed for 1 night prior to going to his surf camp in San Diego. I will admit I was a little concerned when we pulled up. The building appearance from the outside is a bit dated. We arrived early and were able to get into a room prior to 3pm check in. Not many people there when we arrived but later in the afternoon and the next day it was FULL.

However, the pictures of the rooms are true to form. There was a microwave and mini frig in the room... that is always nice. All the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to get us what we needed. They accommodated me in not placing me on the ground level as I requested.
They hand several restaurant recommendations and were great with directions to local attractions etc. Overall I was very happy with our stay. The rooms are sufficient ( we stayed in a 2 queen bed guest room) for the two of us. Not sure I would stay here for an extended vacation but it suited our needs and my son enjoyed the pool as well even though we were only there 24 hours.
Comfortable beds and plenty of towels. Front desk has additional toiletries if needed. I would definitely return as the accommodations were well worth the price, free breakfast ( eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles bagels etch) and free Wi-Fi. Very happy with our first stay.

Room Tip: Not sure what happened with this inline rating tool but it put terrible and I can't change it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay.

I am happy to see that you were thrilled with the room cleanliness and location. Thank you for your compliments to our staff, I’m glad everyone was friendly and helpful.

Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care, and intend to do that through our excellent team members.

We look forward to your return,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I arrived in town unknowingly during a massive conference, so I called here with low hope of a vacancy. The staff went out of their way to shuffle a few rooms so I could stay the weekend in the same place. Very friendly and helpful, making me feel welcome as if I was a regular customer.

The location is quiet and close to the interstate and several shops with a nice grocery store up the street. The parking lot felt secure enough for me to leave my motorcycle with little worries. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was the typical spread found in good hotels, always nice to find the waffle iron alongside sausage and eggs.

Definitely a good place to stay away from the chaos of Hotel Circle but still within easy distance of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NevadaW0lf

Hello

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. It is wonderful to see that you had an enjoyable experience.

Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer care and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you. It is wonderful that our staff took proactive measures to make your stay more comfortable.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review. Have a wonderful week!