“Good hotel for the $ and kids.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Mission Bay

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Mission Bay
Ranked #94 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Long Beach, United States
“Good hotel for the $ and kids.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Friendly staff and clean rooms. The breakfast was nice with more choices than we expected. If you need a room near Mission Beach or Sea World and you are traveling with children, I definitely recommend this hotel. Pool and hot tub were clean. Right off the I-5.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Good Morning!

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. it is wonderful to know you had a wonderful stay and were happy with our rooms, breakfast and location.

I appreciate your compliments to our staff. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care and intend to do that through our excellent team members. Once again Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Olympia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here on our road trip through California. This was by far the worst motel out of all of the motels we stayed in on our vacation. We paid $170 for a room here. The room was very dated. The bathroom fan was so dirty and there was mold all over the shower curtain rings. The bedding was damp, which sadly I wasn't all that unhappy about because at least I knew it was washed. The pool was too small for the amount of rooms, too many people were already in it for the size of the pool so we didn't use it. The staff were friendly, check in and out was easy and quick and the location is good. Breakfast was good for a continental breakfast, good choices. The pictures of the motel on their website are misleading, especially the lobby pictures. I definitely would not stay here again. I felt like we paid $170 for a $60 room. There are plenty of other choices around the area that would be a better value.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Melanie-review
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Good Morning,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I have forward your comments to our Housekeeping Manager and have asked him to deep clean the room you stayed in to bring it back to our usual standard. I have also asked him to shampoo the carpet which should improve the smell in the room

As a valued guest, your comments are very much appreciated and we take it in a constructive way so we can do better. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to make every guest stay a great experience and I will use your feedback to verify our rooms are in full working order.

Should you visit San Diego again, please consider staying with us so we may have another opportunity to show you a wonderful hotel. You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Once again thank you for your review,

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good accommodations. They are eminently serviceable.The rooms are clean and the service is very good. Excellent breakfast. Staff is friendly and helpful. It is not a luxury site, but it's near everything. We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I appreciate you taking time to write a review through TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our staff, breakfast and service. I'am happy to know you had a wonderful stay. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive every day to deliver superior customer care and clean room, I'm happy to know we were able to provide that for you.

When you return to the San Diego area, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

We look forward to your return!

kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a strange place sort of in the middle of nowhere. The pool was in the middle of the car park and it was very noisy. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. Very noisy at night and didn't really sleep well. A visit to seaworld a must and also to La Jolla was well worth it. Nothing to do at night unless you drive and mission bay is beautiful but our kids are 16 and everything on water you need to be 18. A lot to do if you want to drive everywhere. Rooms were average but the air vent in the bathroom was like a jumbo jet and the A/c in the room was really noisy. Free parking if you have a rental though. Not really my cup of tea as so little to do nearby. Free breakfast which was ok but room really small and not a great deal of choice.

Room Tip: Not really a good room to choose perhaps the upper floors as no one above you
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer care, and I would love the chance to discuss your stay with you further. We would be more than happy to offer you a discounted rate in the future so we can have another opportunity to show you an excellent experience.

If you get a moment can you let us know which room number you stayed in so that we can have our maintenance team place the room temporarily out of order until he fixes the issues you mention. You can contact me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz. I am confident that if given another chance we will be able to show you a wonderful hotel!

St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Comfortable room, good bedding & luxurious towels. All appliances worked & ran quietly. Only 1 of 2 ice machines working, but always had ice when I needed it. Continental breakfast entrees were good & changed often. Pleasant, helpful, & courteous staff. Easy checkin & checkout. VERY SMALL hotel POOL, so couldn't get in my exercise. Close to major highway & fast foods, grocery & drug stores. GOOD PRICE for the location. Would recommend to families, solos, & seniors.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to write a Tripadvisor review about your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am delighted to read your wonderful comments.

Here at the Best Western Mission Bay we strive every day to provide superior customer care and clean room. I'm happy we were able to do that for you. Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. we look forward seeing you next time!

If I can provide with any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Best Western Mission Bay was a great base of operations for the San Diego attractions. It is just off I-5 on the near north side of downtown, so nothing important is more than a few minutes away. A great supermarket is only a few blocks east on Clairemont. The room was recently remodeled and very comfortable. We had a refrigerator, microwave, and a flat screen tv. The pool was small, but that was of no interest to us, anyway. The breakfast was far more generous than what is offered at most similar hotels. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay with us here through TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to know you had an awesome stay at the Best Western Mission Bay. I'm happy to know you found our rooms to be comfortable and were able to enjoy our delicious breakfast.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for all of your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

We look forward to your return!

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

After driving the Baja from CSL found my favorite SD hotels booked solid...due to comic con convention...
Chanced upon this hotel and scored a room.
After a pleasant nights rest and a better breakfast than a local M, we spent two more days there.
First stay will not be the last.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Good Afternoon!

Thank you for taking time to write a Tripadvisor review about your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am delighted to read your comments and sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback. I'm happy to know you had a good night and enjoyed our breakfast.

Thank you again for being our guest. We look forward seeing you again!