“Great place to stay”

Ranked #109 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Although we only used the hotel for a short period of time, we found the hotel was clean and affordable and close to beach. The staff was efficient and helpful and very quick to respond to our request. Breakfast room was clean, well-stocked and refilled quickly during the breakfast hours.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank D4105IYelizabethm
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to write a Tripadvisor review about your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay.

I am delighted to read your comments here at the Best Western Mission Bay we strive to deliver superior customer care, clean rooms and I'm glad we were able to provide that for you.

Thank you again for being our guest. If you ever return to San Diego, you’re welcome to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
El Segundo, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The place was overpriced for what we received. There was garbage under the bed, and what looked like a small blood stain on one of the blankets. Gross. I would not recommend this to anyone. What is more disappointing is that we are Costco members. I think Costco should not back this hotel. They give you 10% off. It was still overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here through Tripadvisor. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience you experience. I have pass your comments to our Housekeeping Manager and have asked him to retrain his staff to ensure all rooms are perfectly clean like our usual standards.

Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care with clean rooms, and I would love the chance to discuss your stay with you further. We would be more than happy to offer you a discounted rate in the future so we can have another opportunity to show you an excellent experience.

If you get a moment, please contact me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz. I am confident that if given another chance we will be able to show you a wonderful hotel!

Los Altos, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were awoken too early both days of our stay. When we asked the maid to return no so early, our room never got made up. We returned after being gone all day to find the room untouched by the maid. They did offer to make the room up then, but we were tired and wanted to rest. That really didn't help us. We were told we had to have a first floor room due to our bringing our dog and so got the room next to the breakfast room and the breakfast room door kept slamming shut every time someone walked into the room- waking me up earlier than I wanted. On a positive note, the breakfast food and service was good!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Good Morning,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We are sorry if we were not able to deliver good customer service, rest assured that we will refresh and retrain our housekeeping staff so we can prevent the same mistake again.

I am sorry you were unhappy with the location of your room. Unfortunately rooms on the first floor are assigned for guest with pets only, You are more than welcome to request a different floor for an additional cleaning fee. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care and I'm sorry we were not able to provide that for you. I will like to ask you to consider staying with us again so we can have the opportunity to show you a wonderful hotel!

You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We just left after a 2 night stay. The location was decent and a 5 mile drive from Sea World. But the surrounding neighborhood was a little ghetto. Was hoping for more of a Hotel Circle atmosphere. The beds and bath were clean but the carpet was filthy. After our showers we went barefoot and within 5 minutes our feet were black! Yuck! The rooms were pretty costly and were expecting a little nicer. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Charisse023
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here through TripAdvisor.com,

I appreciate your compliments to our clean beds and bathrooms. I'm sincerely sorry the dirty carpet you mention. If you have a moment can you please let us know which room number you stayed in so that we can ask our maintenance team to shampoo the carpet which should improve the filthy smell you mention.

We would be more than happy to offer you a discounted rate in the future so we can have another opportunity to show you an excellent experience. When you return to San Diego your more than welcome to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz for any of your reservation needs.

Puyallup, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here with our baseball team for 10 days, no laundry service, breakfast room out of items, toilets do not flush well, carpets dirty, cable did not work (on and off). No areas to socialize other than pool area which closes at 10 pm. Location however is good, close to Seaworld, Zoo shopping etc. We personally would not stay their again.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am so sorry to see that the amenities in the room were not functioning properly. I would love to know which room number you stayed in so I can ask our maintenance team to place it out of order until we can return it to our usual high standards.

Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to make every guest stay a great experience and I will use your feedback to verify our rooms are in full working order. I would like to ask that you consider staying with us again in the future so we can have the opportunity to show you a wonderful hotel with great rooms.

You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was my second stay at the Best Western Mission Bay. I called days before my arrival to make sure a first floor room was ready and approximately where I would like to be located. I arrived at 4:00 PM which was an hour after check in. There was only one room available on the first floor and it was behind the office. It was like staying in a cave,the room was in a covered hall and the window had no view of anything but a brick wall. No natural light whatsoever. The staff was friendly but not concerned with the problem and if I wanted a different room I would have to wait at least an hour. After traveling for 6 hours, that was not acceptable. The room was okay but for a few minor details. There were no hooks anywhere to hang wet towels. All wet towels had to be draped with the dry ones. The internet was slow and several of the tv channels were grainy. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked fine. Breakfast was typical fare and they restocked throughout the breakfast hours. This was my second stay here and the first time was better. Nicer room with a window that let in light. You would hope that if you call ahead and make a request, that it is honored if possible.

Room Tip: Do not take a room behind the office.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to write a Tripadvisor review about your recent
stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay.

I appreciate you returning to our hotel and sincerely apologize for not having another room available for you during that time. We been having an awesome occupancy all year long and do our best to honor all guest request. As a valued guest, your comments are very much appreciated and we take it in a constructive way so we can do better.

I would like to ask that you consider staying with us again in the future so we can have the opportunity to show you a wonderful hotel with great rooms and a dedicated staff. When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for all of your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Once again thank you for your review!

Long Beach, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Friendly staff and clean rooms. The breakfast was nice with more choices than we expected. If you need a room near Mission Beach or Sea World and you are traveling with children, I definitely recommend this hotel. Pool and hot tub were clean. Right off the I-5.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Good Morning!

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. it is wonderful to know you had a wonderful stay and were happy with our rooms, breakfast and location.

I appreciate your compliments to our staff. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care and intend to do that through our excellent team members. Once again Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return!