“Place like home”

Quality Inn San Diego Miramar
Ranked #188 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Place like home”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Wonderfull staff special thanks to Rocky
Excellent shuttle service with a great experience driver Huza. Front desk staff Rea, jimmy and other which make the hotel stay comfortable. Highly recommend if you coming to San Diego for day trip or long stay. Enjoy there breakfast and business center and not to mention gym and pool for summer. Room include 40 inch tv with hbo, news, sport and star channel
Feel like home.
Qazi

• Stayed September 2011
Erik L, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. Your feedback is extremely insightful, because it lets management know that our core staff is doing an excellent job in providing the best customer service. Our primary goal is to make all of our guests feel like they are at home and if our entire staff from housekeeping, front desk, to maintenance work together then we should duplicate that level of comfort and relaxation for our customers. We appreciate your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the nearby future.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I had an extended stay at the Quality Inn, MiraMar and I can say the customer service I received was of the highest quality. The front desk staff, Rocky, (GM) Diane, Rea, Jimmy and the two young ladies were always so helpful and were there for me when I needed extra help since I am disabled.

The rooms was quiet, clean and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The color scheme is calming and destressing and with the nice Flat screen TV and extended cable, the combination helped with my recouperation and they even walked my dog for me when I could not do it.

My stay included time over the holidays and they had festivities for the hotel stays and one of the workers, Jose, sang for us and has a wonderful voice. To make it more like a home away from home, Rocky decorated beautifully for the holiday with a tree.

The lobby is stocked with coffee and tea and nicely decorated.

Rocky keeps the place running smoothly and looking great both inside and out. I never saw anything out of place and when you drive up you are greeted by beautiful flowers and a clean driveway.

The weight room has the latest in equipment and in perfect working order.

You can tell how a place is managed by how happy the staff is and I found everyone right down to housekeeping to be the nicest, most helpful, happy staff I have ever encountered at a motel/hotel environment. Rocky, thank you for the wonderful experience and I am referring my traveling friends to stay at this Quality Inn location.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, even the rooms for pets or next to the weight room or the breakfast room. I pr...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments about your stay with our property. We strive to provide the absolute most wonderful customer experience for our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and provided such insightful comments. We try to build on a strong core of friendly staff and creating a great atmosphere. We have worked hard to make sure that our guests have a memorable experience and make strong recommendations to come back.

Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is simply a BIZARRE hotel in so many ways. First of all the building is sunk into the ground so the windows on that first floor are at car bumper level. That's right, you can inspect your vehicle's chassis if you park in front of your room's window. NO elevator for the upper levels either.

Rooms are dark wood. Old carpeting in some dank green shade. Bed was very comfortable however. Good towels for the bathroom and the flat screen was a new monster-sized version with plenty of channels.

However, I can't abide a liar like this sad little GM. As a Choice Hotels Diamond Member I've been around. Have a little litmus test I use on hotels I've never stayed at before to gauge their honesty. First confirm the published AAA rate with Choice, either verbally or online... then call the hotel directly. If the property quotes you a higher rate, then you simply tell them that they're mistaken as this is what you found the rate to be through your other sources. After all, they are the ones that gave these rates to Choice Reservations to begin with. About 90% of the time a hotel will say "that's our rate, sorry if I misquoted you", and you can then safely stay with them. Sometimes however they will fight you on the number and babble something like... "You'll have to make that online". This of course is NOT the case as Choice Hotels Privilege Members @ both the Diamond & Platinum Levels can make reservations through any channel. Online, phone, or walking through the front door.

Unfortunately this Rocky GM argued with me until he finally came to Jesus and acquiesced. Asked him why that was so very hard for him to do initially. No answer, but it shows you what type of person and what type of hotel you're dealing with here.

Silly design of this property coupled with a silly manager is a vote for never ever staying here. It's pretty simple really. AVOID!

Room Tip: Bottom rooms are a dungeon.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank MopacMan
Thank you for completing this survey and giving management feedback which will help improve all aspects of our property. I sincerely apologize for not matching your expectations during your stay at our property. The property does have a unique build to it and our staff tries to accommodate for guests who do not want to stay in a particular room. Our policy is if a guest is not happy with his or her room, the front desk agent will immediately find the best room suitable for the guest. Our entire staff is will always make accommodations for our guests and that is a policy which we strongly enforce. In addition, our staff members do not have any intention of misleading or hiding information from the guest. If there was confusion in regards to the rates, I will presume that it was an honest mistake. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we hope that you will consider staying with us again. I am confident that we will provide you with superior customer service and provide an excellent experience for you.

San Andreas, California
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My daughter and I spent two nights at this hotel. Rea at the reception desk welcomed us on arrival and we enjoyed her cheerful attitude and personal care she extended to us as we were very tired after driving 10 hrs. from Northern California. The room was clean and attractive with a large refrigerator and microwave. The mattresses on the bed were the most comfortable ones we've ever experienced in a hotel. We were told later that all the rooms had new sealy mattresses. The variety and quality of the the free breakfast was good. I had been very disappointed in the last couple of years in the free breakfast offered at choice hotels as it seemed it was supplied with the cheapest food items they could find. I was pleasantly surprised to find fresh hard boiled eggs, yoplait yogurt, bacon, sausage in addition to the usual pastries and waffles. During the day the reception desk was manned by a young man named Rocky who was also very pleasant and helpful to us. We originally were going to stay just one night and break up our 10 hr. drive by staying at another hotel along the way but decided to stay a second night since this hotel was so friendly and accommodating and we slept so well! We were able to drive the 10 hrs. home with no problem! We will definitely choose this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Carl's Junior are cooler as they don't get the setting sun
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Judy E
Thank you for sharing your terrific experience with our property. We have worked hard as a team to provide a breakfast which our guests can enjoy in the morning. We have certainly gone above and beyond our requirements. We take our guests opinions seriously and we take all of the information that we have and make the best possible decisions. We are glad that you had a tremendous stay at our property and we will continue to work hard and make sure your future presence will match any expectations that you have.

Management.
Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The staff, particularly Rocky and Diane, were very pleasant and helpful during our 3 week stay in January 2012. Rooms were nicely maintained by the cleaning staff. Though close to the Interstate, there was little noise. One area needing improvement was the food & beverages for the complimentary breakfast. Cooked items weren't kept warm and the coffee was pretty bad...however it was complimentary.

Room Tip: Don't select first floor unless you have a need to not use stairs...has a below ground type of f...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you sharing your comments about your experience with us. Your feedback is insightful and we will take all of your opinions very seriously. We strive to provide the most memorable and pleasant experience for all of our guests. Our property does have a full-time breakfast attendant and his job is to make sure that our food is always replenish and that our coffee is brewed and ready to drink. I sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. Our staff will continue to work hard and improve all aspects of the guest experience. We are glad you had a great time with us and we hope to see you again the nearby future.

Vienna, Illinois
Reviewed 19 February 2012

All the employees at this Quality Inn were extremely friendly and helpful to my family and me. I stayed at this same hotel the only other time I was in San Diego. It is easy to get to and close to MCAS Miramar. I will definitely stay the next visit to San Diego.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SHERI R
Thank you for your wonderful recommendations. Our goal is to provide a terrific experience and make sure that each guest enjoys their travels away from home. Your feedback lets us know that we are headed in the right direction, however we will continue to work hard and emphasize great customer service. Please come and visit us again and we are confident that we will meet your expectations.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Great little hotel - clean rooms! Rocky made the stay worth it all - gave us a plethora of info on what to do in San Diego. He printed maps & even came around the desk to give us specifics on how to get to places, where to park, etc. He even retrieved me a beverage after the soda machine decided to "eat" my dollar! SUPERB customer service!!!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank chipster10
Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with us. We strive to provide the best customer service to our guests. Our staff understands that a friendly and supportive environment will make the guest's travels more relaxing and enjoyable. We are glad you had a terrific stay with us and we hope to see you again in the nearby future.