“Happy Stay”

Ranked #187 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Wisconsin U.S.A
“Happy Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

It was very nice staying at this hotel. People was friendly,hotel was clean,complementary breakfast was good. I would stay there again whenever I get a chance to go back there, and would recommend that place to anyone who want to visit San Diego.

Thanks guys! From Nida Ewald

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Erik L, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We look forward to providing you with the best customer service. Thank you for your compliments to our staff. They are indeed courteous and accommodating. Our guests particularly enjoy our complimentary breakfast which include: hard-boiled egg, make your own waffles with syrup, sausage, bacon, fresh fruits, multiple cereal selections, assorted bread and pastries, coffee, orange juice, and tea. We look forward to seeing your again in the near future.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tivon, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

We, a family of 6, stayed for 2 weeks waiting to find permanent accomodations nearby. Service was very good and efficient. Swimming pool clean and kids friendly. Breakfast OK, except that if you wanted to have a cup of tea, you had to bring your own hot water from the kettle in your room, depending upon the goodwill of the person in charge the same morning! We also were surprised at room price fluctuations between the beginning and the end of our stay. I'd suggest that the management draws this fact to the customer's attention before hand.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jackh2
Thank you for your wonderful remarks. Our staff is working hard and the feedback that you provide lets us know that our property is headed in the right direction. I sincerely apologize for not providing the hot water in the breakfast room. Our breakfast presentation does include hot water and our breakfast attendant will make sure that it is available to our guests. Our staff are trained to keep the guests informed. We want to be very transparent and we make a great deal of effort to make sure the guests know everything that affects their stay with us. Our rates do fluctuate and typically there is a difference between the weekdays and weekends. I hope that you give us another chance to provide a wonderful experience and I am confident we will accomplish this goal.

Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is a quiet and clean hotel that is conveniently located near everything you would need - stores, restaurants, gas stations, freeways. Many beaches and tourist attractions are within 10 - 20 minutes. It is a very good value for a low price. The manager and staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your terrific experience with us. This location is indeed great and there are many nearby attractions that our guests like to visit. Thank you for highlighting many of the attractions nearby, but in addition, thank you for highlighting our wonderful staff. They are very assertive in making sure that they provide any type of assistance or information that you might need. We place a high emphasis on customer service and we understand that a friendly staff makes a World of different. I hope to see you again in the nearby future.

Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Slurryman 2012: This hotel is very nice, also personel at the desk. They helped me when i needed information. The room had a frig., microwave and a desk that I did alot of business from. The room was always clean, and the service was very nice. They had a breakfast bar that was more than i could ask for. Also had a laundry room on the floor. The location was great off of I-15 N and Exit 14 very convenient to the area that I was working for 3 months.

Room Tip: Botton floor toward the middle
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank slurryman2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. As an entire staff, we have a priority and that is to make each guest feel like they are living at home. We understand that it is difficult to duplicate, but we work hard to make sure the experience is comfortable and relaxing. "Hotel like home," is a wonderful compliment and we will continue to try to improve each single aspect of all of our guest's experience with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope that you will continue to visit us when you are nearby.

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I needed a place to stay for one night for meetings on the other side of MCAS Miramar. The location is good. It's a right off the southbound exit ramp and an immediate left. It's also a short drive down Miramar from a large business park. The room was clean and all the equipment in good working order. They have an HD satellite subscription and HDTV's. The breakfast selection is good, and includes a waffle maker! The bed slept wonderfully and the shower had hot water fast.
It's apparent the building has some age, but its condition is fine. The only negative side is that when I walked in, and stepped down to the ground floor, there was an odd smell, but by the time I had walked to my room I couldn't tell anymore. Overall, this is a good economical choice for a stay, especially if you're picking up your own tab.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon C
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. The property is nearby a lot of attractions and provides easy access to many destinations. You have highlighted many of the features that we provide in the room and I believe it really does make a difference in terms of comfort and an enjoyable experience. Your great feedback lets us know that we are providing a great service and value to the guests. In addition to our daily housekeeping, we commit to deep cleaning our property once a month. We shampoo the carpets, wash the walls, steam clean the curtains, and make sure that the property is stellar. I hope that you come visit us again and I am confident we will match your expectations.

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

i had a good stay here i advise u stop here and try.everything is clean and in order...i really like this place..so if u want a hotel that u can relax i advise u guys to stay here and not somewhere else..service are good and the pool is good too.breakfast is good..i had no negative review for this hotel...cheap price for you to enjoy a good hotel..so plan your stay now and experience the same experience that i had...have a good stay guys

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mjayz16
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We strive to provide the most value to our guests. We want our guests to leave our property with a memorable impression and our entire staff is dedicated towards the same exact goal. We will continue to build on our strong core of friendly staff members, and providing the best selections for breakfast. We greatly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again shortly.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I checked into this hotel after traveling across the country from the east coast. I was with my wife, 7 year old son and our 90 lb dog; so needless to say we were all cranky. I had literally made my reservation 20 mins earlier but everything was ready for me. I had asked for a king with a kitchenette but it turned out they didn't have any rooms with those amenities that could take a pet. However, the lady at the front desk, who was very social and helpful, contacted the manager a Mr. Rock E. Mountain (couldn't make it up.) He allowed me to stay in a non pet room and even marked down my pet fee for me.
The front desk were always very helpful and often chatted everyone up to see if there was anything they could do to make the experience better. The cleaning crew were also great, the breakfast was way better than the six previous hotels I had stayed in. Most of the time, the staff is no where to be found when there is a shortage during breakfast time; but their staff seemed to have someone always willing to help and proactive.
The only things that could be improved are things they can't help. The pool and the 'gym' is pretty small, parking is a bit awkward when the hotel is full and I had to get creative when it came time for my dog to do his business. But that is all minor stuff compared to how close it is to everything in the area. I-15 is literally two stop lights in one direction while the north gate to MCAS Miramar is three lights in the other. A few places within walking distance and a popular hangout spot with movie theaters and such just one exit away.
Overall, the staff were great, helpful and make the extra effort to keep you happy. Great experience!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for providing such terrific comments about our property. It provides great insight into how we are performing and if we are delivering the best customer service possible. Our staff members are indeed courteous and accommodating and we understand that each guest has different needs. We understand that traveling can be difficult, but with the proper customer service, everything can be smooth and the travel can become relaxing. We always want our guests to have a memorable and fun experience and I really do hope that you come see us again in the future.